Topic: Trying for Barbers - Mustang 4.6L SOHC Swapped Engine Need Wiring Help

Noobie team in North Metro Atlanta with a POS 1996 SN95 Mustang. Replaced our original engine which ran for .5 seconds and shattered a valve and seized. Replaced with a new (new to us) PI 4.6L SOHC engine.

We cannot get the engine to turn over due to our complete lack of understanding of troubleshooting wiring issues. At first no power inside car...and somehow the frame was positive power despite power running to fuse box. Fixed this issue. Took 2 days to work out. Now get dash lights, starter will engage, however fuel pump does not prime/run.

I feel like we are close, but if there is anyone with electrical troubleshooting skills in the Marietta area that has the time and wants to see what 3 idiots have done, we could use your help! Will pay $$ for your time, or can compensate with beer and burgers.

We could use help.
Chris

Re: Trying for Barbers - Mustang 4.6L SOHC Swapped Engine Need Wiring Help

Check out the Lemons facebook groups if you haven't already - might get more traction there. See you at Barber!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

thanks will do

I'm not local to you but:

It turns over (starter) but doesn't run?
You said fuel pump not on

Do you have spark?  Do you have a scan tool with live data?  Does ecm read rpm?

Late to the party on this one, but it sounds like an unrelated key fob issue.

IIRC, if the fob isn't programmed to the dash, the engine will crank but won't start. It acts like a fuel pump issue, but it could be anti theft related.

I think I still have the Factory wiring book for my 98 Mustang, and my be able to help if you still need it.

Seat of Your Pants Racing
2000 Jetta VR6
1988 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo "Ricky Schroder" {SOLD}
2x 24 hour race runner, 1x 24 hour race finisher.