1 (edited by M3zed 2024-01-22 06:13 PM)

Topic: SOLD -1987 Porsche 944 Race Car For Sale in Birmingham, AL for $10,000

SOLD

Pretty close a turn key racing setup for many entry level racing series. Registered and has a clean title. True mileage is unknown.

The car is fully race prepped and with the current setup allows for very tall drivers. It runs with no known mechanical issues, and is relatively well sorted. Most safety gear is up-to-date. It comes with an extensive number of spares, including a total of 14 wheels/tires (current tires on the car are Bridgestone RE-71RS 225/50r/15s which are new).

It was last run competitively with ChampCar in December 2021 (finished both races), prior to me acquiring it. I acquired it as a track car for me and my wife, and we have run it in 8 HPDE/autocrosses over the last year with no mechanical issues.

Engine – ECU reflowed and chipped, Lindsey racing oil pan, Lindsey AC delete, solid mounts, full aluminum extra capacity radiator, throttle response cam, new fuel injector harness and connectors, upgraded fuel lines, simplified vacuum system with silicone lines, full 2.5” exhaust with Remus muffler. 2018 timing belt, balance shaft/belt/seals, front/rear/cam seals replaced.

Transmission – Short 5th gear swap, solid mounts.

Suspension – LEDA front/rear single-adjustable coilovers on 600/800lb Eibach springs. Weltmeister 26/20mm sway bars front and rear. Brey-Krause strut brace, adjustable camber plates. Spherical front and rear lower control arm bushings. Control arms have balljoint rebuild kit installed. Rear suspension bushings spherical/delrin.

Brakes – The car is equipped with factory ABS which functions well on track. Rennbay Wilwood front brake kit with Wilwood class A pads, stock rear brakes with Hawk DTC-60 pads. Braided brake lines.

Chassis – Extensive weight reduction. Steering rack converted to manual. MOMO steering wheel with quick disconnect and extension. MOMO pedals with Rennline throttle extension. Driver blower system from NACA duct. Lexan side windows, rear quarter windows. Rear hatch anti-shatter film. Transponder included.

Safety – Full weld in cage with large spreader plates, seat back brace, dash bar, driver and passenger door bars, professional welds. Appears to me to be DOM 1 5/8"x0.120" for the main hoop and 1.5" diameter for most of the rest of the cage. Cage fully padded with SFI padding. Driver’s side currently fitted with Sparco Pilot QRT seat (expires 2027) on sliders, Racequip 6 point harness (expires 2026). Passenger side has Corbeau seat (expired) with G force 5 point harness (expired). Lifeline fire suppression system with coverage for fuel cell, driver, engine (needs recert), ATL 22 gal SFI FIA approved fuel cell (may need recertification depending on racing series) with braided PTFE coated fuel lines. Electrical cut off switch (exterior switch included). Window net and right-side net included.

Spares – ECU, AFM, alternator, radiator, axle, numerous sensors and relays (ABS wheel speed sensors, voltage regulator, coolant temp, O2, oil, crank etc…), tie rod ends, new front and rear brake pads plus additional used sets, 10 extra wheels/tires, Kirkey seat.

If you would like to see photos, feel free to view my Facebook Marketplace listing here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it … 673290594/

Thanks!

SOLD

Re: SOLD -1987 Porsche 944 Race Car For Sale in Birmingham, AL for $10,000

M3zed wrote:

If you would like to see photos, feel free to search for the Facebook Marketplace listing, or I can provide the link upon request. I'll also add the link once I get to my elusive third post.

Thanks!

Sounds like a decent deal. Reply here, then you'll have two posts and can post again with your link.

That guy

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it … 673290594/