Topic: Converting a Dirt Car to Lemons

Has anyone purchased a dirt car to use for Lemons before? if so what were the major changes? Looking at a Civic in the Stinger Class based in Florida. Besides some suspension changes, I assume the roll cage is up to Lemons par?

Re: Converting a Dirt Car to Lemons

This has been in several threads and comes up quite a bit. Generally it sounds great and ends up being a PITA. Look closely at their cage and compare it to the Lemons' rules/how not to fail tech and see what/if anything needs to be changed.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

9yvAk7RfmP wrote:

Has anyone purchased a dirt car to use for Lemons before? if so what were the major changes? Looking at a Civic in the Stinger Class based in Florida. Besides some suspension changes, I assume the roll cage is up to Lemons par?

Don't assume the cage will pass Lemons tech inspection..Many times the entire cage needs to be removed/rebuilt,and it ain't cheap or easy..A lot of these former dirt cars have been hacked and 'lightened' to the point that it is not able to be returned to something resembling stock.Lemons cars require that the crumple zones remain intact,so no tube frames,removed supports,etc.If you can,take a butt-ton of photos and send them to John Pagel for his opinion before you buy anything..John is the head of Tech,and his opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to whether a car will race   .pagel@24hoursoflemons.com

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Thanks for the info.