1 (edited by Spank 2024-03-26 12:13 PM)

Topic: Edit: Name Your 4-figure Price Tech Ready * Class C (D?) Car in SoCal

Edit: (4-figures left of the decimal,to be clear) Seriously, I'm motivated to see this move along . But please DO KNOW this is a slow car as-it-sits and will likely get passed by the leaders every 5 laps on average. Like Overzet likes to say, it's not a RaceCar, It's a street car on a racetrack. Even describing it as a "street car" is generous... It's a "street car" from 1969 powered by an inline 4 built by Renault.

It's an IOE contender, but you'll still have to earn it, which puts it's potential value at whatever an IOE prize is worth nowadays.

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/432487595_10160623732282377_5245417769837759437_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=Fmo5m6Y3et8AX_X7TQI&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.fna&oh=00_AfBxAXzOHOEyM_eFcaTX6P736UePDppNWbdmiuoQr6Xe_Q&oe=65FCEC02

1969 Daf 55 that has previously passed tech inspection and needs just a fire bottle renewal/certification and some new belts WHICH I WILL OBTAIN with a guaranteed sale. No sense in getting it now until someone is ready to race it thereby giving you a few more months.

Runs and drives. 1.5"x.120 DOM roll cage, ATL fuel cell, AFFF fire suppression system, kill switch, etc. New belts. Very low mileage skinny 15" tires, SPARE MOTOR, SPARE "Transmission" (read: "drive belts"), spare driveshaft and a few other bits and bobs. It's stock / no performance modifications whatsoever. Easy to return to stock street duty as I have all of the (worn) interior stock fuel tank. Headliner still installed but cage is TIGHT up to it.

Has CA plates, was privately imported back in the 1980s from Holland (I have the paperwork in Dutch from when it was purchased from a car lot). I'm willing to title it on your dime, though.

Could be "fun" as a Lemons rally car, a Lemons trophy contender, or 1-of-a-kind yard art. I challenge you to find another Daf with a rollcage for sale in North America.

I've contemplated on and off of putting a miata "rollerskate" under it, but it really just needs to find a new, enthusiastic owner who has money they want to give me for it.

I do not frequent the forum as much as I'd like, so best to direct message me or contact via the facebook post that my wife has kindly put up for me to encourage it's removal from our property.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it … 4905243302

(speaking of miata, if you've got a street registered miata that you'd consider trading for the Daf, my son says he wants one. Not sure where I went wrong with him, but I guess I have to love him unconditionally)

Re: Edit: Name Your 4-figure Price Tech Ready * Class C (D?) Car in SoCal

Paging Neal Losey to the IOE courtesy phone...

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Re: Edit: Name Your 4-figure Price Tech Ready * Class C (D?) Car in SoCal

Bumping with price edits. Someone sent me an offer via Facebook but then went silent. I'm eager to clear my property some more before Google Maps takes more aerial photos. And this is the time of the year they like to do it...  My homeowner's insurance is eagerly awaiting those new photos as well so they have more excuses to cancel more California policies...