1 (edited by Spank 2024-03-26 12:19 PM)

Topic: 1996 LT1 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo 22K miles $1500 Lemons Pricing SoCal

Edit: Price for folks identifying themselves as Lemons peeps is $1500

I bought out a funeral home more than 6 years ago. Had a matching pair of 96 fleetwoods, one was a hearse and one was this 6-door limo. Sold the hearse years ago but held on to this limo because when the heck am I ever going to be able to find complete, running and driving LT1 drivetrain with under 23K miles on it when I need one!?!?

I'm coming to grips with the fact IF I ever WILL need one, it'll be only after I sell the one I have... cuz that's how life works for me. I NEED it only after I've gotten rid of it.

To test this theory, someone please come buy this 1996 Caddy Limo from me. I have paperwork from the funeral home who sold it to me, but it would likely be super complicated to register it again so I can and am only selling it for parts or for race car use. It runs and drives quite beautifully... of course it didn't when I bought it. Had to replace the in-tank fuel pump and then find a new BCM for it. Tsoggy can attest to it's luxurious ride quality as I picked him up from the airport in it long ago.

It has acquired a few more cracks in the roof since then and if you are allergic to mold then you will want to douse the carpet in bleach for a few weeks. Headliner is equally kaput. electric window activation will promptly pull the glass out of the mechanism, so best not to mess with them. I think Cheseroo can confirm this is a design feature of caddy limos of the era.

Air suspension works and holds beautifully. Brakes stop you like they should. Cruises straight. Radio radios. AC needs to be recharged but when it is charged it works well (there's a leak in one of the fill/drain valves I learned after I had it charged so I could pick up and chauffeur my son and his friends through the McDonalds drive-thru on his last day of elementary school many moons ago).

This is a body-on-frame RWD ultra low miles car. I've considered removing everything behind the driver's seat and attaching a few other small-car chassis to it to make it look like a moving accident/pileup, and also considered making it into a flatbed to haul around racecars. I'm learning that the ideas are easier than the execution.

Lots of people are asking me to sell pieces off to them for their lowriders like hood hinges and bumpers and whatnot... You can surely recoup some $ if you part out what you don't want/need. I'm past that point and need to just let go.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts … 10559.html

I don't frequent the forum as much as I'd like to anymore. Please message me directly or via the craigslist ad to get an assured response from me.

Re: 1996 LT1 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo 22K miles $1500 Lemons Pricing SoCal

No pics of the outside other than the roof?

I can't post full car pics on craigslist or else it gets flagged by Craigs Police for not being in the paid cars for sale section.

I'll try it though... stand by.

https://images.craigslist.org/00Q0Q_3Iuo9MDJ6m6_0gw09i_1200x900.jpg

4 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2024-03-19 05:31 AM)

That's excellent!

There's always postimages.org  .... (set up an account > hotlinks for forums)

Price dropped for Lemons People

Anyone interested in driving this to Atlanta?  I'd love to have it

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

[_I'm_ not in the market for this; just giving Klayfish - and others elsewhere - an idea]

If there were only a hitch receiver on that limo (see where I'm going with this?); ... never mind, I'd be Daf'd to try a cross country trip with that as an unproven tow vehicle ;-)

That's a heck of a deal