1 (edited by Crono 2024-03-28 10:06 AM)

Topic: Two Drivers LFG Thunderhill May 25-26

My teammate and I, Julian Doiron, are looking for a team for the Days of Thunderhill event May 25th weekend.

We were originally going to enter our own car as amateurs, but after heeding advice from experts here, have decided instead to pay a team to let us participate as drivers.

I understand our driving experience is not as desired as our mechanical ability, but figured I'd list both.

Julian drove with Ontario Time Attack in Ontario, PITL autocross in Ontario, pit crewed two seasons with Canadian sport compact series to a podium in 2018, and went with Radical Canada trailer as part of the CSCS work.  15 years experience behind the wheel at the track.  Mechanically inclined - built our current chassis (K24 EK).

George (me) is a regular at SCAA autocross, NASA, and Pro-Auto events locally in Arizona for over 10 years behind the wheel at the track.  Can turn a wrench.

Neither of us have enduro experience, but are cognizant that our hot lapping ability is secondary to our ability to drive clean and safe laps.  We aren't adverse to joining a competitive team, but for our first time would probably prefer something a bit more casual.

We have radios (Baofengs and ICOMs) that we can use, and our own safety equipment.

We are local to Arizona.

There are videos of us driving here:
www.youtube.com/@CronoRacingAZ

Re: Two Drivers LFG Thunderhill May 25-26

Bump to this.  We are happy to pay handsomely for seats and spares and gas and whatever else is needed.

Please let us know.

Bump to this.  We are getting desperate as time gets closer to green flag!  Take advantage of our desperation!

Is T-hill just a popular event where nobody has seats?  Or is there just less west coast teams?

From what I can tell out here, it seems that the demand for seats has gone up and the supply has stayed the same. A couple years ago teams were struggling to get warm bodies in seats to go racing and prebuild running cars were worthless. Now, everyones team seems to be full and a half-decent car sells immediately. I was blown away with how much serious interest I had when I mentioned downsizing and selling one of my cars. I think Lemons in social media has caused an influx of people who want to get into it.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

Still no bites, huh.
Guess it's just not in the books for us this year.  We'll continue building our car.

Crono wrote:

Still no bites, huh.
Guess it's just not in the books for us this year.  We'll continue building our car.

it is hard to break in to the A&D scene as a newcomer. it gets easier once you meet other teams.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?