1 (edited by DaveC 2024-03-30 06:06 PM)

Topic: *SOLD* Lemons legal 1982 MG Metro in Louisville KY *SOLD*

*SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD*

OK, it's "almost" Lemons legal.... It needs harness and fire suppression. Has a very good cage, and seat.

Last raced 7 or 8 years ago on the west coast.  Surely an IOE contender and potential class-C dominator in the right hands.
I just don't have a need for it, and have the Test Card F SD1 that I really enjoy driving, so can't see myself racing the metro any time soon.

I've spent some time on it in the past few months, including rebuilt the driveshafts, replaced the front wheel bearings with upgraded timkens, upgraded to vented/grooved rotors, put new seals and pistons in the calipers, replaced the radiator and fan, and other small things. Bearings and CVs packed with CV2, and brake fluid replaced with Motul.  Fresh oil change as well obviously, but I'd recommend VR1 when racing. I also replaced the engine bay fuel hoses with Gates Barricade and put a brand new SPAL puller fan in there. I have two brand-new tires that can go with it if you want them. Several spare wheels (12" vs the 13" on there mind) and Spank owes me another of the 13" cross-spoke wheels that are on it today.

The original interior is still with it, so if you wanted to attempt a road-trip on your own  or with friends (i drove this from CA to KY via southern TX) the 2nd seat (or the rears) are easily added. I'm sure this would drive to any corner of the USA tomorrow.  Quite a few odd parts included.

The 1275 A-series engine has excellent compression, and runs well. Trans, works as it should,  If you ever feel like its not enough HP, the A-series engine/trans would be very easily sold for well over $1k to someone with a classic mini, especially as its the "hot" MG version, and you could drop in something with more race provenance like an iron duke.

If you are wanting more spares, or willing to arrange shipping, I have several parts sitting in my fathers farm in England (driveshaft assemblies, perfect fender, perfect door, used but good front panel, etc)

Was meant to be sold locally, but run out of patience with the guy.

Pics in the icloud link below taken in the past few months can be seen here. Looks exactly the same today.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/01b7bVC … UTCcz7D3fQ

Pics of the cage are in this link:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0f4XXvW … MajDTd47tw
FWIW, Spank built the cage, and told me it was the most time and effort he'd put into a cage to get it just right.
John Pagel has looked at these  pics of the cage and confirmed it is all current and should pass tech.

It is RHD
It does have a clutch pedal.
It has been lightly contacted in the front RH corner in the past - this accident is how the previous owner got paid out, and it became a Lemons car.
I have a title from when i purchased it from Spank, but never registered it in KY.

Looking for $2500.

*SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD*

Re: *SOLD* Lemons legal 1982 MG Metro in Louisville KY *SOLD*

Where (price & location in subject line) is this beauty?

Updated to include location.
Price stated as $2500, or feel free to offer more.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

Where (price & location in subject line) is this beauty?

I owned this car and used it as a daily driver for several years before Spank caged it. Speaking from experience, it tows well:

https://live.staticflickr.com/1276/4707393028_2f92e771f5_c.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

After reviewing _all_ the pictures, I can authoritatively state:

The esthetic of this vehicle's presentation here - from pictures to provenance - is simply spectacular (full stop).

The esthetic of this vehicle's presentation here - from pictures to provenance - is simply spectacular (full stop).

Just want to clarify....

That's a good thing?

DaveC wrote:

The esthetic[US] of this vehicle's presentation here - from pictures to provenance - is simply spectacular (full stop).

Just want to clarify....

That's a good thing?

Yes.