Topic: 1987 Corvette 4 Sale

Hello forum people.

For the impatient ones
TLDR:500 dollar C4 Corvette, clean title, ran when parked, located near ATL.

PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test
Here's the story with this car. I bought it not running from an old coworker. It had sat since 07, when he parked it. I replaced a bunch of stuff and got it running ok. But, I already have street cars, and didn't need another. So *of course* I decided to make it a Lemons car since it was in rough shape. Problem is, all of my friends who said they wanted to race when I floated the idea to them backed out when they found out how much of a pain working on cars can be. So I ended up pretty much working on this thing alone. I unfortunately had to move, and don't have garage space anymore for this thing. Any day now the HOA is gonna fine me into the great abyss for having this thing out on the street. So I need it gone.

More about the vehicle:
Being a Corvette, it came with some old photocopies of docs from previous owners.
The titles from 86 and 06 suggest it was in NC during that time. From 2006 to 2021 it sat outside in a driveway not running while my old coworker owned it. I have had it in the garage for most of my course of ownership.(since Nov 2021) It has 99,000 miles on it, 2k of which are from me. When I got it running, all of the major systems of concerns to a racecar worked. There is a rattle on hard acceleration. (sounds like valvetrain to me)

Here's the stuff I replaced:
installed a Refurbished digital dash
replaced fuel pump
replaced fuel filter
replaced fuel pressure regulator
replaced fuel injectors
replaced spark plugs
replaced MAF
replaced ball joints
replaced brake lines with stainless steel ones from DRM
replaced shocks with KYB (OEM billys were toast)
replaced half shafts with refurb ones
replaced most bushings in rear suspension with poly ones
replaced pads and rotors
replaced windshield
replaced radiator with Champion upgraded unit
replaced tires with riken raptor 245/50/16 date code from late 2021

Where the car sits now:
The car is currently in the notorious "ran when parked" state. I started taking things apart a little less than a year ago. The interior has been removed, the AC has been removed, as has most of the exhaust and emissions pieces. The cooling system needs a few pieces to be completed and refilled. The car also needs an alignment. The main thing keeping it from running is rerouting the serpentine belt.

I have lots more new in box parts for the car if someone is interested (not included in the 500 bucks for the car)
700R4 shift point adjustment kit
Accusump reservoir
new wheel bearings
tow straps
drive shaft u-joints
carbotech xp8 pads
steering wheel and hub adapter
reverse-direction flow water pump (due to wanting to change acc belt routing)
trans filter/gasket

I really want to see this car race.
I would still love to wrench/race, but I don't have a good place to keep it. If a team would be willing to take me on as a member, they can have the car for free, I just want the chance to buy a seat on race day. (note: I have no track experience)

HMU

Re: 1987 Corvette 4 Sale

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test