Topic: Open Racer for Joliet Illinois

Hello all,
I'm Aaron, a college student who plans on making a team in the future with some friends, but until then I would like to get some experience. I have lots of knowledge of cars and I can get my own safety equipment to use. I feel fairly comfortable in my ability to drive. Please let me know if I need to provide any other info. I am 18 with a license.

Re: Open Racer for Joliet Illinois

^ kinda vague.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

^ kinda vague.

I wasn't sure what else to include, what would you suggest I include?

Aaron.Evans wrote:
Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

^ kinda vague.

I wasn't sure what else to include, what would you suggest I include?

- Are you fully aware that it costs money to race? Not just your safety gear but something like $800-1500 per race on average?
- Have you ever been in the same zip code as a race track before? HPDE experience? Defensive driving school?
- What car(s) have you owned and driven?
- You said "I have lots of knowledge of cars", what knowledge? Do you work on cars? Work on your friends cars? Watched 1,000 hours of ChrisFix youtube videos?
- Do you have time (being a student) to help a team work on their car between races?
- Do you understand what Lemons is about? Would you be disappointed if you didn't turn a lap but still had fun dressing up in a ridiculous costume and acting out a theme all weekend?

There's plenty of things you could describe for people to get to know you.

You said "open racer" in your subject line, but if you don't have any track experience, then you shouldn't label yourself as a racer just yet.

I'd highly recommend you spectate Joliet your first year instead of trying to drive. It's $30 to show up for the weekend, meet people and chat with people.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)