Topic: 2024 Pacific Northworst GP @ The Ridge - Entries & Tech Times

Could the Chotus finally become the third car ever to complete the Lemons Quadrangle of Emaculance (IOE, C, B, and A wins)? The Lexus will probably keep them honest.

This is also an incredibly effluent field, in general, as we would expect from PNW racers: Fiat X1/9, Dodge Intrepid, Ford Mustang II, the ONSET Volvo PV544 Mk.2, mid-engined Jeep Cherokee, Mitsuoka Viewt, '47 Chevy, and some rookies with an '82 Celica joining the NachoFriend '85 Celica. Hot damn!

(As an Excel file here)

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Image-4-18-24-at-11.27-AM-scaled.jpg

Tech Times are on the event page and also posted here.

Your Lemons Supreme Court is a Most Esteemed Panel:

Chief Justice Shawn Rodgers (It's Shawn. Y'all should know Shawn by now)
Justice Corey Dickman (Ran When Parked...Y'all should know Corey by now)
Court Reporter Nick Pon (Y'all should blah blah blah)

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

2 (edited by chaase 2024-04-18 12:23 PM)

Re: 2024 Pacific Northworst GP @ The Ridge - Entries & Tech Times

It's so cute...Their entry list is lower than the number of broken cars in the paddock at any point in our races.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Hey that's 50 cars!  That's an increase from last time right?

I think there were 33 cars last April, 49 this time?  Definitely more cars.  Hopefully less snow.

Team LMFAlfaRomeO
1987 Alfa Romeo Milano 2.5

Ian wrote:

I think there were 33 cars last April, 49 this time?  Definitely more cars.  Hopefully less snow.

That’s definitely an improvement…I think we had 110 at PittRace

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

112 at pittrace, 140 at road america. I'm worried gingerman will run out of breakfast burritos at the rate of growth around here.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

therood wrote:

Could the Chotus finally become the third car ever to complete the Lemons Quadrangle of Emaculance (IOE, C, B, and A wins)? The Lexus will probably keep them honest.

sounds like I need to get the Quantum to one of these low-turnout races in 2025...

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Did someone schedule rain, hail and snow for this event again?? 6 subarus entered suggests inclement weather expected by more than a few PNW teams. More Subarus at this race than any other manufacturer except BMW.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

chdonley2 wrote:

Did someone schedule rain, hail and snow for this event again??

I'd settle for "or" this time around. The "and" part got a bit old. Before that weekend I hadn't even known it was possible for all three to occur simultaneously, as my previous best (worst?) had been two out of three.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

10 (edited by rozap_ 2024-04-19 09:43 AM)

Is it a thing to ask for an earlier tech time? If it's not a thing then that's cool, but we've made some...changes..to our car and may need every bit of time we can get to fix any issues.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

rozap_ wrote:

Is it a thing to ask for an earlier tech time? If it's not a thing then that's cool, but we've made some...changes..to our car and may need every bit of time we can get to fix any issues.

Oooo, can't wait to see.  You figured out how to stuff an LS in an X19?

But seriously, I bet if you walked over to tech first thing they would squeeze you in.  I'm sure they're busier later in the day.

Team LMFAlfaRomeO

12 (edited by rozap_ 2024-04-19 11:19 AM)

Ian wrote:
rozap_ wrote:

But seriously, I bet if you walked over to tech first thing they would squeeze you in.  I'm sure they're busier later in the day.

I'll give that a shot.

Not an LS unfortunately, but a VR6. Couldn't cram a busso V6 in like the splatos guys did. But I was inspired by that car, which is probably my favorite Lemons car of all time.

rozap_ wrote:

I just went earlier in the day at Pitt when the line was low and had no problems. IME you won't get turned away for showing up early.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:
rozap_ wrote:

I just went earlier in the day at Pitt when the line was low and had no problems. IME you won't get turned away for showing up early.

While generally true--the time slots are designed to meter tech inspection so we don't have 100 cars lined up at Noon (or whenever we start)--if everyone starts doing it, we'll have to police it and nobody wants that.

In other words: Ask Pagel on Friday (or email him) if you can show up for an early tech time.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

15 (edited by Zacks 2024-04-22 01:57 PM)

Last couple races at the ridge we had a later tech time but other people missed or where late to tech or something and the judge's announced anyone could show up whenever as long as there was no line.  Maybe it'll happen again.  Perhaps a luxury of the low enrollment.

Disappointed 608 didn't win C class, was looking for a pnw subaru shut out lol

rozap_ wrote:
Ian wrote:
rozap_ wrote:

I'll give that a shot.

Not an LS unfortunately, but a VR6. Couldn't cram a busso V6 in like the splatos guys did. But I was inspired by that car, which is probably my favorite Lemons car of all time.

You guys were definitely faster this year.  How was the handling?  I caught you a couple times in the corners and assumed you would have been faster. 

But I don't think I ever passed you.

I was hoping to wander over and check out the car but we were exhausted on Saturday after dealing with the usual mid-race issues.

Hope you guys had a good race!  We did!

Team LMFAlfaRomeO

Ian wrote:
rozap_ wrote:
Ian wrote:

I'll give that a shot.

You guys were definitely faster this year.  How was the handling?  I caught you a couple times in the corners and assumed you would have been faster. 

But I don't think I ever passed you.

I was hoping to wander over and check out the car but we were exhausted on Saturday after dealing with the usual mid-race issues.

Hope you guys had a good race!  We did!

It handled great. Super well balanced and really forgiving. We had the wrong tires on for the first day and had no grip. We swapped to a set of fairly tired yokohamas on day 2 and had more grip and stability on the brakes but I was still being pretty careful. Also all our drivers are pretty green.

We had a fuel slosh issue and could only get around 5 gallons out of the tank, so we had the 3rd most pitstops of the field. There are some issues with our tune which made a surge of power when coming back on throttle during corner exit, which was sketchy in the rain, so we had to be super gentle. And a dead ECU relay took us out for about 45 minutes while we waited for a tow truck to gather up all the other dead cars before us.

But otherwise it worked way better than we anticipated. Our expectation was major teething issues but it was pretty minor stuff.