1 (edited by sac02 2010-03-31 10:38 AM)

Topic: Beaver Run test n' tune April 3

UPDATE:
We are confirmed to test at Beaver Run Motorsports Complex on their VDA at 2pm on Sat Apr 3 (this weekend).  We are curently scheduled for 1 hour from 2-3pm for $150, but can add an additional hour from 3-4pm for $150.  We can have up to three cars present for that price, though only one car on the VDA at a time.  Beaver Run will provide cones but not timing.

I am offering two spots for other teams that would like to share the test with us.  If one additional car wants to test, we can discuss if we should do 1 hour or 2 (our preference would be 2 hours for 2 cars).  If two additional cars wish to attend, we will rent the track for 2 hours.  All track time and cost will be shared equally between any attendees.

If you wish to reserve one of the two spots, contact me directly, and soon.  Emails sent through this forum will go straight to my phone.  My phone number is 979-575-8074.

We are arranging to rent the VDA (vehicle dynamics area - basically a large
flat open patch of asphalt) at Beaver Run on Sat April 3.  We are doing this in
preparation for American Irony April 17, because we simply can't find any other
test time before then (auto-x or anything) within four hours of where our car is
located.

If any team is interested in the possibility of sharing the track time (and of course
the cost) please post here or email me directly.  Right now we will be paying $150 per hour by
ourselves, which maybe seems expensive at first, but if you look at it on a $/min basis,
this is going to be a lot better deal for trying to test and tune a car with 4 60 second
auto-x runs.  Hopefully we can get a couple other teams out there with us to reduce
the cost/extend our track time.

Re: Beaver Run test n' tune April 3

Where are you?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Akron, OH

Why not come up and run Gingerman on April 10th?  The Usual Suspects are from Ohio and they are planning on asking the track if they can leave their trailer and car inside the gates for the week between the track day and the race so they don't have to waste the fuel dragging it back and forth.  Hopefully Bruce checks this thread and chimes in.  He never told me if he talked to the track.

BTW, where in Akron?  I'm from there.  I grew up in Bath and then lived in West Akron near Fairlawn.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We would really like to do that test day Apr 10, but logistically it's not realisticly possibe.
We don't have a truck/trailer on our team, so we are already ahving to beg/borrow/steal one for
Apr 17.  Plus, this is our first race, so the car is not 100% complete; we may need that
weekend to work on the car.  The car is in Cuyahoga Falls, technically (not Akron),
but 2/3 of our team is in Ann Arbor, so weekends are the only time we have to work on the car.

We are in NE Ohio as well. I will check with my team and see if they are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

where is Beaver Run located? Ohio or Pa

It Ain't My Fault

PA

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I race karts there all the time. The track is just over the line into PA from Ohio about 1.5 hours from Akron. You guys would be much better off on the big track for testing. Doesn't look like anything is going on there on sunday the 4th.

Jeff,  nope  havent talked to the track yet    the general consensus of the team is that the odds on us NOT having to bring the car back to fix something is pretty slim so I was just going to wait and talk to the track then if We want to leave the rig

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

UPDATE:
We are confirmed to test at Beaver Run Motorsports Complex on their VDA at 2pm on Sat Apr 3 (this weekend).  We are curently scheduled for 1 hour from 2-3pm for $150, but can add an additional hour from 3-4pm for $150.  We can have up to three cars present for that price, though only one car on the VDA at a time.  Beaver Run will provide cones but not timing.

I am offering two spots for other teams that would like to share the test with us.  If one additional car wants to test, we can discuss if we should do 1 hour or 2 (our preference would be 2 hours for 2 cars).  If two additional cars wish to attend, we will rent the track for 2 hours.  All track time and cost will be shared equally between any attendees.

If you wish to reserve one of the two spots, contact me directly, and soon.  Emails sent through this forum will go straight to my phone.  My phone number is 979-575-8074.