Topic: Crushing a car. How likely is this to happen?

Hello all!  New here and I have a question.  We just finished racing a 7-7 with Chumpcar and we would like to try Lemons.  We found you guys will be in our state soon, so we want to join in the fun/mayhem. 

This car we hated so much before Chumpcar we now love as it made it through both races and we would hate to see it get crushed.  We would like to continue to use this car for more Chumpcar and Lemons events.  We know that racing is dangerous and we could lose it in a wreck, but that is different than having it crushed.  My question as a new possible team to join Lemons is, we would hate to lose our pile, how likely is it that it can get crushed?  Do we have to be complete and total a-holes for this to happen or can it truly happen to anyone?

No, it's not a tricked out car, we placed in the middle of the pack.  We just have a lot of time and love for it and would hate to see it go like that now.

Thanks a bunch all!

Re: Crushing a car. How likely is this to happen?

With the new rule about abstentions, your chances are pretty damn low indeed. Unless, of course, you drive like a total jackass on the track, behave like a total jackass in the paddock, and bring a ringer to a crapcan race...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Lol!  We are there to have a blast so it looks good so far.  Thanks for the input!  We hope to joint you guys soon!!

JackM wrote:

Do we have to be complete and total a-holes for this to happen or can it truly happen to anyone?

Pretty much.   That or bring a real racecar and pretend it's a $500 car

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Just bring lots of Miller Lite and Mikes Hard Lemonade as bribes for the judges   you will be fine

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

ronman wrote:

With the new rule about abstentions, your chances are pretty damn low indeed. Unless, of course, you drive like a total jackass on the track, behave like a total jackass in the paddock, and bring a ringer to a crapcan race...

This sums it up nicely......  I have been to two Lemons races that were totally full 146 and 156 cars in each....   There wasn't a curse in either race...but a donor car got crushed in the 2nd race...just for fun.... 

Thats not to say it can't happen to you....in theory it could....but if your team listens to the most important rule in Lemons "don't be a dick"...you will be fine...

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

prime suspect wrote:

Just bring lots of Miller Lite and Mikes Hard Lemonade as bribes for the judges   you will be fine

You won't get crushed for following this advice... but you'd better really like the smell of cheap beer burning off of your exhaust manifold.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

icemang17 wrote:
ronman wrote:

This sums it up nicely......  I have been to two Lemons races that were totally full 146 and 156 cars in each....   There wasn't a curse in either race...but a donor car got crushed in the 2nd race...just for fun.... 

Thats not to say it can't happen to you....in theory it could....but if your team listens to the most important rule in Lemons "don't be a dick"...you will be fine...

The Maxima was the curse !
But didn't get it because the owner left it with me to tow home on saturday.

If your an Ahole out there you'll get picked so don't be an ahole

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Okay, that's good to hear!  We might have a pretty good beer theme in mind, so that might be enough, lol!

Thanks again!

Has anyone been crushed since the new rule (excluding volunteers)?

YES THE MAXIMA AT POINTLESS WAS SUPOOSED TO BE CURSED BUT OWNER WAS NOT THERE ! 

So if your an a-hole out there you will get crushed!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Cars can and will get crushed under the new rules (which were put into place after the People's Curse "winner" at Nelson Ledges— a 944 that hadn't even run for more than 30 minutes on Saturday before blowing a head gasket and that got votes solely due to a malicious "they're hella cheaters" whispering campaign— got NINE total Curse votes). This experience left all of us at Lemons HQ with a bad taste in our mouths, like we'd been part of a lynching.

Sears Pointless had a winner (which, sadly, we couldn't crush), and the top vote-getter at the last CMP race came within two ballots of being crushed.

MurileeMartin wrote:

...the top vote-getter at the last CMP race came within two ballots of being crushed.

and the CMP race before that the top ballot winner was spared via a mob vote right before it would have been crushed.

Neither car did anything wrong except lead the race.  Doesn't really bother me that much, it kind of adds to our strategy.  We take it somewhat easy on Saturday and go balls to the wall on Sunday.  You can tell that most of the top cars going for most laps are doing the exact same thing.  Makes the planning that much more interesting.