Topic: What happens if a team mate 'no-shows' or is sick?

Let's say you all arrive at your race but one guy.

What happens?

Can we run with three drivers? ( paid for four )

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Re: What happens if a team mate 'no-shows' or is sick?

And why would we answer that question on a public forum?

U-R-A Pendejo

Borrow someone from another team.

Will we be DQ'd at tech?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

Only one person from the team has to be at tech.

One less driver means more seat time for the others.

I get to spend a few hours in your car.

Ask the Angry Hampsters about only two drivers...

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

We put a cardboard cutout of the missing driver in the car and make it sit for the duration of his or her intended stint. Meanwhile, the rest of the team does pushups in the mud.

That's what I thought...

Just needed to be sure.

KT

Metronome WON with only two drivers...oddly enough they signed up for 4 but ran the whole race with just two...& yes only 1 has to go through tech-BS,,,

If they paid in advance & didn't show up............COOL...more driving time for everyone else!!! 

Worst case scenario is your drivers are totally burnt out and you MUST find someone to drive....it would be SIMPLE....there are 3+ drivers on the other 149 team that would take a stint....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Since we always have plenty of teams at every race that can't find their next driver when his/her turn is due (the contrast between teams that have their organizational shit together and those that don't tends to be quite stark), having at least 4 drivers is a very good idea.

Last T hill we had 5 drivers for 2 cars and then borowed a buddy to drive in which he blew a motor .
there is always a driver to find .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Since we always have plenty of teams at every race that can't find their next driver when his/her turn is due (the contrast between teams that have their organizational shit together and those that don't tends to be quite stark), having at least 4 drivers is a very good idea.

The flip side of that coin is that if you only have 2 drivers, then you only have one other guy who has to keep his shit together, and somehow that seems much more doable. Lemons just seems to attract some flakes. Wait! Is that a news flash?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

So, if I'm hearing this right, I could have the best intentions with a full team and crew.

Everybody decides I'm the biggest jack smelt ever and they all jump ship Friday morning.
If I find some random hanger-on in the paddock that has a fire suit, he could hold the fire bottle while I fuel the car and I drive all stints...

KT

That hanger on probably has to be registered already, paid for his comp license, etc.

Yes, a driver/crew from a neighboring team near my paddock space.

I want my team to show.

KT

ANY registered driver can drive any car.  Any registered crew member or driver can hold a fire bottle while you fuel your car.  If you want to drive the whole race, go for it!  Now, if your team doesn't show up for a ChumpCar race, you'll have to find at least one extra driver.  They have a 2-hour stint limit.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We have 5 drivers so if you need to borrow one for a stint just let us know....then again depends on which race.  Too late to be thinking about semantics right now.....Happy Easter

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Now, if your team doesn't show up for a ChumpCar race, you'll have to find at least one extra driver.  They have a 2-hour stint limit.

Yet another reason why Lemons kicks the shit out of Chump!

trekkor wrote:

So, if I'm hearing this right, I could have the best intentions with a full team and crew.

Everybody decides I'm the biggest jack smelt ever and they all jump ship Friday morning.
If I find some random hanger-on in the paddock that has a fire suit, he could hold the fire bottle while I fuel the car and I drive all stints...

KT

That was tried once before.. A Frenchman named I be lieve it was Leviegh was leading the 24 hours of LeMans (The big real one in France) after I think 23 hours and somewhat fatiqued stuck the transmission in the wrong slot..  The engine in his car went on instant vacation lead by it's crankshaft walking out the bottom. He was seen crying his eyes out..
  Later on that same gentleman drove up the back of an Austin Healey in a Mercedes and went flying.. Only trouble was his lack of landing practice. He landed in the grandstand and I believe took 56 people with him.
  (sorry to be so glib about such a serious event, that accident had major repercussions including causing AAA to stop race car organization here in America.
Greatly damaged racing world wide.
   This is my lousy attempt to point out the potential danger of fatique at racing speed..
While I dislike over regulation as much as the next person.  There are some lessons that are too hard to have to learn repeatedly.

One of our drivers was walking through the pits with all his gear on at American Irony...and he stumbled on a team (sorry I forget the name!) who was in the pits and the next driver on the roster was MIA.  They started to scramble looking for safety gear shouting "we need a driver!!  We need a driver"  our guy stepped in and jokingly said that he could drive, and without hesitation they put him in the car for a few laps while they sorted things out, then had him come back in and swap out with the guy who was supposed to be driving.  I actually (unknowingly) passed him while I was driving our car.

One of the many events that keeps us coming back to Lemons..the most smiles per hour!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

I went through tech at MAM without my team - they didn't show up until 7:40am Saturday. I told the judges that if all else failed I'd drive for an hour and sit for an hour, drive, sit, etc. They seemed cool with that.

trekkor wrote:

Let's say you all arrive at your race but one guy.

What happens?

Can we run with three drivers? ( paid for four )

KT

It's his money and you get to treat it like the pole-dancer does.

just Drive, she Said.

rule section 5 just says four drivers, and if four are registered, you have four drivers. Also note that all drivers registered can drive any car. Which is to say if a multi-car team had four cars and four drivers it is conceivable that you could pay for sixteen slots and still have fours cars out at one time - but you better have some extra crew for refueling, and I'd hate to see the mess coordinating drivers changes would bring...
(This would be HIGHLY inadvisable - even the pros switch at a max of four hours, except in Baja or similar places that have ugly breakdowns and crashes and a helicopter standing by)
...if you are worried about some 2hr max rule in the other guys' club, note that that is 2 hours at one shot, followed by some sort of minimum break.

~if it's an extenuating circumstance, you *could* split the nickel 3 ways and reimburse him - but that depends on the buddy and the circumstance, now doesn't it!

Trekkor,
I will drive for you.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

pgeorgeson wrote:

Trekkor,
I will drive for you.

Be honored to have you.

KT