Re: What happens if a team mate 'no-shows' or is sick?

Driving hard on the track, much less racing, takes a lot of concentration.  Folks that haven't done it before will underestimate how taxing it is.  Experienced track guys could do an endurance event with 2 drivers.  Newbies would be in for a struggle, and eventually they'd get so exhausted that'd it be unsafe.

Ranger wrote:

Driving hard on the track, much less racing, takes a lot of concentration.  Folks that haven't done it before will underestimate how taxing it is.  Experienced track guys could do an endurance event with 2 drivers.  Newbies would be in for a struggle, and eventually they'd get so exhausted that'd it be unsafe.

+1
Then on top of that add a hot summer day with no cool suit, and driving becomes a chore.

sergio wrote:
Ranger wrote:

+1
Then on top of that add a hot summer day with no cool suit, and driving becomes a chore.

The cool suit definitely makes a difference in fatigue. On a warm day, I can start to feel a bit fatigured after about 30 minutes, definately feeling it at an hour. With a cool suit in the same conditions I didn't even feel it setting in until 1.5 hours in.

I let one of our drivers at the last race use my shirt. He pulled almost a 1.5 hour stint without it and almost collapsed when he got out of the car. The next day, he did a 2 hour stint with the shirt and was fine when he got out of the car.