Topic: Search for Perfect Lemons car Has any raced this?

Okay

I found a vintage Formula Vee race in this guys barn. I found him through a friend of a friend.  The car looks cool He also has 25 years worth of collected parts and never raced it.

So my question is  Would this be accepted in Lemons?

Has anyone raced one at Lemons before

Re: Search for Perfect Lemons car Has any raced this?

suposer to be  a production  car   but  you  could submit it  never  hurts to ask  .   the  big question   comes  in  how  would the car   react  with   a  61 caddy  or     1972   ltd     and   how  safe the out come  would be

Can't see it being allowed, but cool find anyway.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

yeah cant see it being allowed either but they are a load of fun.  I've had 2 solo prepped Vees and they were great fun.

I'd be scared to death in one with some of the other large iron on the track though.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

It is based on a VW Bug.  That should be good enough for Lemons. 

How would it differ from the guy who starts with a rusted old Bug, a pile of parts and a sawzall?

The judges would probably like it better if you put some kind of body on it... anything from a "speed buggy" kit to a Gazelle, or something you hand-"fabricated" yourself out of old street signs and drywall screws. 

You have to remember that even a fast Formula V isn't all that fast, and getting one that's been sitting in a barn for 25+ years to be reliable for a full race on a $500 budget won't be easy.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

I doubt it will be accepted even if you can fabricate a body for it.  Vees weigh around 900 lbs. and are so low to the ground, most competitors aren't going to see you very well and I guarantee you'd get punted out of the race in the first hour.  Great idea though, Formula Vees handle amazingly well for having 1950's technology which makes up for their 55hp output.  Sure, a Formula Ford might pass before a corner but I'm usually having to check up to I don't run into him coming out of the corner.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

Put a big hot-dog on top and people can see you. Oh wait, that's been done ...

Great little track car, scary little Lemons car.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

What's the year, make, and model of the Vee you found?  And where are you located?

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan