Topic: Cage question

Forgive me if it's been answered before, I've been searching and reading all day.

I saw the pictures of the acceptable cage designs (and I think I have the same question someone else did, but it went unanswered). I had intended on building our cage similiar to what we do on our offroad cages.

For example, 1 continuous tube, from the front floor, up the a-pillar, back to the b-pillar and tied in to the b-pillar hoop. Then the a-pillar tubes get spread by a roof bar next to the top of the windshield and a dash bar.

Is this acceptable or do I have to have an a-pillar hoop or a halo with short a-pillar bars as described in the pictures?

I think someone else in the cage thread described them as "side hoops."

Thanks
Josh

Re: Cage question

Take a look at the cage in this post: (Cage - Need some calming of my nerves)

This shows the full A pillar bar, going back to the main B pillar hoop. If this is what you were thinking of it is fine, Just remember they must be one continuous piece, not two welded together or it will fail tech.  Good Luck!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

TC Racing wrote:

For example, 1 continuous tube, from the front floor, up the a-pillar, back to the b-pillar and tied in to the b-pillar hoop. Then the a-pillar tubes get spread by a roof bar next to the top of the windshield and a dash bar.

Yes, that type of cage is acceptable.  Well... if you weld it - having the tubing tied together won't pass tech.  wink

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

That's exactly what I was talking about.

Thank you.

Josh

WHere you race off road ? We got all sorts of off road racers here.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

WHere you race off road ? We got all sorts of off road racers here.

Not a racer, just a guy with a couple Jeeps.