1 (edited by shrimpandboots 2010-04-20 01:03 PM)

Topic: Cain't Git Bayou plans

Less than 2 weeks away, obviously our cars are fine tuned and ready to throw a rod. These are some of the plans we have so far for the paddock area. We will have at least eight campers, one big ass generator to supply all of them, a bright ass light tower, and non-professional singers. Hopefully I will be able to put them to bed by 11:30 or 12 out of fear of crushing our cars because we kept someone up all night.

Friday night we will have a big ass jambalaya hopefully ready by 7 or so. This will be chicken, sausage, and pork (boston butt), 15 pounds of each. A sack (big one) of onions and 20 pounds of rice and a few other things that are secret. All cooked in a big ass black iron pot.

Saturday night we have 4 sacks of crawfish, about 40 pounds each, lined up along with the usual onions, potatoes, garlic, sausage, corn, carrots, etc. Cooked in a couple of big ass boiling pots.

Everybody come on by and pass a good ole time.

Re: Cain't Git Bayou plans

Mmmmmm, jambalya!!!! We're ready!

Damn, that sounds great.  We were wondering how much party would be there as i heard there are only 40 cars registered.  what is this, chump car?

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

I think 40 cars would be a record for Chump.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Fewer teams means more food for the judges!

I am pretty much packed, heading out tomorrow in the AM.  My super sercet judge gift has been baked, just time to biy some Scotch.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

I'm packed as well, leaving tomorrow for a nice 5 hour drive.  I need to get to a piggly wiggly/

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

I'm packed as well, leaving tomorrow for a nice 5 hour drive.  I need to get to a piggly wiggly/

We be leaving early tomorrow too. 6am or so. Watch for a Ranger pickup with some bikes in the bed and some crazy mofo in a Taurus.........

Sweet! We are guaranteed our best finish in Lemons ever!

We're hauling up from Houston Friday morning.

We're also leaving early Friday morning. Too many working stiffs who can't take Thursday off.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Speed Racer Mustang and the Racin' Rednex are leaving tomorrow AM from H town, be there early!  Rain is local forecast for at least some of the weekend, pack accordingly - drive safe, save the crashes for at the track so we can all see!

Scott

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Hey, it's been awhile! We loved partying with you guys last year and will be back for more!

I'll be driving in from Lafayette in the morning. We are finishing our Nissan Altima kinda half tonight and half at the track tomorrow. We have never even tested it yet and bought it in totally non-running condition!

Anyway, Good luck and we'll see you there.

Patrick
Altimate Annihilation

How many teams are going to be there?

We're leaving bright and squirrelly tomorrow morning - like the husband said, stoopid werk wouldn't let us leave today.  Since I checked yesterday, the likelihood of rain has increased from 30% to 50%.  Yuck.  On the upside, we've done way more prepacking than usual, so tomorrow's ass crack of dawn departure shouldn't hurt too badly.

I can't wait for crawdads!  And beer!  And bad singing!  Oh yeah, and RACING!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

One bonus is that if you need an oil change, you won't have to wade very far offshore for supplies...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

That begs the question:  Who's gonna burn more oil, the Coast Guard or the race participants?

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Rockford Brodie wrote:

That begs the question:  Who's gonna burn more oil, the Coast Guard or the race participants?

That made milk come out my nose. smile

Hopefully the USCG won't show up and try to light the Lemons paddock on fire to stop the spread...

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

We do consider ourselves the second largest ecological disaster that occured in Louisiana this week.

Apologies to everyone that collected oil mist on the windshield on Saturday.