Topic: Car Number Request

I remember that last year I was able to pick my car number when I was applying for the race. The car now has a nice set of numbers on it and is ready for another race but there was no options for picking your own. Would really love to keep our "lucky' numbers. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

Re: Car Number Request

You pick the number AFTER you are accepted, not when you apply.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Was thinking that but didnt remember. I thought they let you "suggest" your number before.

Thanks

WE'RE #2!

WE'RE #2!

WE'RE #2!

I can't believe nobody else in the North Dallas Hooptie took that number. We got it now, and we can run around chanting that. Plenty of excretory humor there...

69 and 43 are the numbers that always get taken first.

We have 928 locked....................partially because we ground the paint off the doors to expose the metal instead of "buying" a sticker

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

EriktheAwful wrote:

WE'RE #2!

WE'RE #2!

WE'RE #2!

I can't believe nobody else in the North Dallas Hooptie took that number....

That's 'cuz we wanted to roll 972 style...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

MurileeMartin wrote:

Back in my autocross days I always ran the year of the car.  When I had a 69 Sprite I learned the number was always available (quite the opposite of Lemons) so I just kept using that number from that point on because there was never a numbering conflict.

Thankfully we were able to get it for Lemons as its just kind of become a tradition for the team now.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

At our local autocross anything with a 6 or 9 is usually taken because when they're running multiple drivers they can just turn it upside down.

EriktheAwful wrote:

At our local autocross anything with a 6 or 9 is usually taken because when they're running multiple drivers they can just turn it upside down.

Exactly what happened at a vintage race I attended last weekend.  Due to 3 entrants running Porsche 914s, one guy was running around with #614 on the side of his car.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

On the lincoln we have #96 because we are doing it wrong. 

The 1957 Renault runs #57

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

JThw8 wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Back in my autocross days I always ran the year of the car.  When I had a 69 Sprite I learned the number was always available (quite the opposite of Lemons) so I just kept using that number from that point on because there was never a numbering conflict.

Thankfully we were able to get it for Lemons as its just kind of become a tradition for the team now.

Same here.  The Gremlin is a '73 so we took that number.  Problem is we just got a 1973 Jensen Healey.  It was supposed to be a '74!  I don't think the Jensen will be on a track any time soon though.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I'm partial to 86, because something on the car is likely to get eighty-sixed.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Very funny stuff. Any way to put in for the number or add it to the application so if we get in (how could you not let in the Jerzy boyz again) we can keep our original numbers?

WINWAR wrote:

Very funny stuff. Any way to put in for the number or add it to the application so if we get in (how could you not let in the Jerzy boyz again) we can keep our original numbers?

Nope, I asked before, numbers are first come first served after you get accepted.  Best bet is if someone else gets your numbers try to contact them and ask nicely, bribe, etc to get them back.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."