Topic: Lemons Supreme Court to stop taking bribes!

We've decided that politicians have cheapened the word "bribe" to the extent that it lacks the dignity demanded by the Lemons Supreme Court. Instead, teams should offer baksheesh in order to ensure quality justice.

BAKSHEESH!

Re: Lemons Supreme Court to stop taking bribes!

What is the stencil going to say?  Baksheeshed?  Sheesh-ki-bought?

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

"lavish remuneration and bribes, rudely demanded but ever so graciously accepted by the natives in return for little or no services rendered."

That's not right.  Our esteemed judges often demand receipts and documentation, but never bribes!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

MurileeMartin wrote:

We've decided that politicians have cheapened the word "bribe" to the extent that it lacks the dignity demanded by the Lemons Supreme Court. Instead, teams should offer baksheesh in order to ensure quality justice.

BAKSHEESH!

Dont worry we have a couple of special baksheesh's lined up for you in Donaldsonville.

5 (edited by YesIFit 2010-04-22 01:47 PM)

So, what's the proper etiquette for NorDal, since you two won't be making it out yonder way? Bribes or Baksheesh? Hong Kong Phooey, what say you?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Isn't baksheesh something you smoke in a hookah?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

The advantage of baksheesh is that we get to yell "BAKSHEESH!" when a team purchases quality justice.

8 (edited by roadki1 2010-04-22 02:48 PM)

I really hope that this includes a stencil written in the correct language

????

That just looks super badass

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"

9 (edited by ronman 2010-04-22 02:51 PM)

roadki1 wrote:

I really hope that this includes a stencil written in the correct language

????

That just looks super badass

Needs to be bigger.

Damn, can't change the size of text on this board.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

BAKSHEESH!

http://i39.tinypic.com/351ffis.jpg

Yeah, that would look good on a stencil. I'm sure it will be a big hit in Texas, where they're such fans of linguistic diversity!

"We have both kinds: Country and Western"

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

14 (edited by Spinnetti 2010-04-22 05:33 PM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

BAKSHEESH!

Lol... when you asked us for that, I had to tell my team mates what that meant! fortunately we had some... is it always expected now, even when not cheating? I'll have to add it to my expense list...

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

so basically nothing has really changed, ya'll are just calling bribes - culturally acceptable expressions of gratitude toward revered members of our society - these days then?

well BakSheesh Ya'll !!!!!

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Ha-ha-ha! Um, this is weird...

"Types of baksheesh

1. Charity to beggars. In Pakistan beggars solicit alms by crying 'baksheesh, baba!".

Baksheesh Baba!! Baksheesh!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

soldmystang wrote:

so basically nothing has really changed, ya'll are just calling bribes - culturally acceptable expressions of gratitude toward revered members of our society - these days then?

Do I detect a lack of respect for the justices of the Lemons Supreme Court? Duly noted.

MurileeMartin wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

Do I detect a lack of respect for the justices of the Lemons Supreme Court? Duly noted.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/xMissTrishx/paddlin.jpg

You're thinking of shiskah.

EriktheAwful wrote:

So the judges really want chunks of grilled meat on a stick?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

i was totally up for grilling some meat & veggies on a stick until i looked it up. then i though, OH, that would look pretty cool on a stencil...

jimeditorial wrote:
EriktheAwful wrote:

So the judges really want chunks of grilled meat on a stick?

Who doesn't?

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

EriktheAwful wrote:

shiksas?

Kizashi?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

bless you