Topic: Lemons South Spring - downtown BS inspection

how we gonna find ya'll?  where is our rally point?

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Re: Lemons South Spring - downtown BS inspection

Hmmmmm, 90-some fully caged crapcans in downtown Camden.  I would suggest following the sirens, blue lights, mobs bearing torches and pitchforks, and look for the plumes of oil and tranny fluid......

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Yeah guys, what;'s the deal with the parade and stuff?  Can we get specific details?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

best i can tell so far, car & gear tech at track prior to 4pm.  after that, load up and ....................?

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Anyone have 'official' info on this?

William
Team SOB

I'm assuming no Test/Tune on Friday since we have to be downtown????   I was really hoping to line all of the cars up at the track and drive them to town - that would be fun...  We are going to need a large area to park all of the trailers/trucks..

Details Please....

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

Porschelou wrote:

I'm assuming no Test/Tune on Friday since we have to be downtown????   I was really hoping to line all of the cars up at the track and drive them to town - that would be fun...  We are going to need a large area to park all of the trailers/trucks..

Details Please....

Have you been to a CMP race?  I imagine several of the cars wouldn't make it to Camden.

That being said, it would be nice for someone in some sort of authority to chime in here.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

8 (edited by TrackGeeks_Chris 2010-04-30 02:53 PM)

I have some info. You can count it as reliable but not official.

We will trailer cars from the track to a designated parking lot near downtown. Unload and drive the cars the 1/2 mile to where they are going to do the judging. Camden is blocking off main street and making a complete spectacle out of it.

There will be a band. Lots of potential public turnout.

What I don't know is the schedule for returning to the track. I expect it will be a late night for those responsible for getting the car back to Kershaw.

Thats what I know at least.

That sounds awesome!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

I have some info. You can count it as reliable but not official.

We will trailer cars from the track to a designated parking lot near downtown. Unload and drive the cars the 1/2 mile to where they are going to do the judging. Camden is blocking off main street and making a complete spectacle out of it.

There will be a band. LOTS OF POTENTIAL PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS  smile
What I don't know is the schedule for returning to the track. I expect it will be a late night for those responsible for getting the car back to Kershaw.

Thats what I know at least.

fixed that for you Chris.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Yep. Thats MUCH BETTER! smile

We are working to get the OK to use the cities high speed internet to webcast the debauchery.

Cant wait!!

Wow, you guys are serious. I thought this thread was a joke... yikes

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

100% serious.

This is gonna be awesome in the most terrifying way.

All I can compare it to would be the old "Speed Street"  Charlotte used to do during the NA$CAR race weekends(before racing became a product and not an event), except there would be engines blowing DURING the tech inspections in Camden, and the sponsors would not want to be associated with their teams....

Thank goodness they did not try this in February, it was cold and wet enough without another trip with the trailer.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Mick25 wrote:

This is gonna be awesome in the most terrifying way.

All I can compare it to would be the old "Speed Street"  Charlotte used to do during the NA$CAR race weekends(before racing became a product and not an event), except there would be engines blowing DURING the tech inspections in Camden, and the sponsors would not want to be associated with their teams....

Thank goodness they did not try this in February, it was cold and wet enough without another trip with the trailer.

wow Mick, you must be an Old-Fart.  smile

THSCC many years ago did an event thru the downtown streets of Wilson I'm told.  hate i missed that one too.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Nah, I am only a Smelly Fart!

I'm 41, but have been around circle track racing my whole life.  I remember Donnie and Bobby Allison swinging through in the late '70s and running the local dirt tracks.   Dale Jr. made his first LMS race at Myrtle Beach the same time I was running Street Stock.  And I drove up to Charlotte several times just to go through Speed Street right about the time it became a PR show.  I saw it degrade in two or three years to something I decided that it was more important to cut the grass than drive up to it, and have not been back.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

You think there will be any fine dark beers available in downtown Camden?  Soldmystang will only have his pick up bed full of Budswillser.

I want to live or die trying.

hajie wrote:

You think there will be any fine dark beers available in downtown Camden?  Soldmystang will only have his pick up bed full of Budswillser.

i literally have to teach you everything don't I?   yes, there are some fine upscale establishments in the downtown Camden area where you will be able to enjoy some pinky-pointing beer.  and i'm not planning on bringing the pick-up as I'm merely crewing this event.  my large cooler should hold sufficient refreshment.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

What happens if you fail tech?  Then you're stuck in downtown Camden with no tools or zipties or whatever.

That could be bad.

Otherwise it sounds like a fantastic idea.  I'm jealous!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

What happens if you fail tech?  Then you're stuck in downtown Camden with no tools or zipties or whatever.

That could be bad.

If we're trailering down to Camden, we'll have all of out tool too.  smile  lemonsy-fix in the Taco Bell parking lot?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

doctawife wrote:

That could be bad.

This is BS judging. The normal tech will be at the track before heading down to Camden. If you tech early enough on Friday you should have time to get those things fixed before heading down town.

No need to be jealous. Find a cheap flight to Charlotte and come on down! smile

Or you can watch the webcast...

soldmystang wrote:
hajie wrote:

i literally have to teach you everything don't I?   yes, there are some fine upscale establishments in the downtown Camden area where you will be able to enjoy some pinky-pointing beer.  and i'm not planning on bringing the pick-up as I'm merely crewing this event.  my large cooler should hold sufficient refreshment.  smile

Yeah I forgot, it's just seems wrong to put a cooler of  bud in that e90 or px90 or whatever that thing is called in Bimmer Douche.

I want to live or die trying.

I live in Camden and the really funny thing is that they are currently repaving the main street right now.  Nice brand new pavement is going get covered with fluids, lol

hajie wrote:

Find the Duff Beer car. We will have a few hundred bottles of home-brew in an assortment of flavors. There should be some good dark beer in the mix.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I want more of that berry stuff.  I know it makes me sound like a pansy, but that stuff was great.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/