Topic: Racing 101 and 201 at Thunderhill on Friday May 7

The OLD Fast Auto Race Team & Sons will be providing Racing classes at Thunderhill on Friday after Tech.

5:30pm: Optional Racing 101 class held in the Lemons HQ room (bottom floor of the main building). The 101 class will include basic instruction, flag definition, passing, being passed, basic car control, track etiquette, and then turn by turn track description plus passing zones.  How to reduce or eliminate black flags will also be discussed.  This class is geared toward new or novice drivers and drivers that have received multiple black flags in the past.  This class will include a track map.  Length 1.5 hours, cost $20.00. No advance registration needed--just show up.

7:30pm: Optional Racing 201 class held in the Lemons HQ room (bottom floor of the main building). Racing 201 will provide more advanced turn by turn track description, passing zones and techniques but without flags definition, basic car control, etc.  This class is geared toward experienced drivers that have little or no time at Thunderhill. This class will include a track map.  Length 1 hour and cost $20.00. No advance registration needed--just show up.

See you there.
Jim

Re: Racing 101 and 201 at Thunderhill on Friday May 7

highly recommended for all new to Lemons or new to thunderhill drivers!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I think Judge Phil and I will be offering a seminar on BAKSHEESH! for those in need.

(hint: you're in need)

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

We have taken both classes, these guys rock, for Little BAKSHEESH!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

It still surprises me that people spend all kinds of money on the car then say "I know how to drive - I drove to the track!"

Judge Jonny wrote:

I think Judge Phil and I will be offering a seminar on BAKSHEESH! for those in need.

(hint: you're in need)

I am going to this one for sure. I am lost on this baked sheep thing...

Pendejo Grande Maximo Maximo

I just plan on going to heckle the noobs.

#E30 & #325i Mazda Mx-6 and turbo....14psi boost is a good thing right?
#114 1990 Mazda 323- Zoom-Zoom..Boom (Blah- too slow, but my first love)

guys.....seriously....if you have NEVER driven any car on a racetrack...you MUST go to this....  driving on the street (even illegally fast) is NOTHING like racing.....  Old Farts know what they are talking about and it will help you!!!   

Want to know the secret to going faster on track...DRIVE BETTER....a bunch of good drivers in a bucket will beat a "fast" car with rookies every time!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

C.Plavan wrote:

I just plan on going to heckle the noobs.

Hey, that's MY job

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Track maps are printed and the cars are almost ready.  Hope to see many of you at the class.
Jim
924S
924Turbo