Topic: "only" 118 cars at Going for Broken?

OKay maybe I can't count...but 118 cars registred for Going for Broken.....156 last time at Arse Freeze.....146 at Sears Pointless.....WTF...its gonna be like an empty track out there!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Re: "only" 118 cars at Going for Broken?

38 at NPR this weekend

Wow!  I never thought it could be, but maybe people are getting their fill of racing?  Naw!  That can't be it. 

I know one little ol' Geo Metro that's gonna be there though.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

at Broken or Bayou ?

sorry. I just finished gingerman and I'm working on summit point stuff. I'm crazy enough for bayou but the rest of the team isn't. I'm going to freakin' miss having a full 24 in the mid-west though. any hopes to making a return sometime around here for Lemons?

Doug I wrote:

38 at NPR this weekend

Wow.  After the uber-crowded MSR Houston, I'm not sure that I'll know what to do with myself.

On another note - HOLY SH!T the race is THIS weekend!!!!  Ahhhh!!! Not ready, not ready!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

I'll be there

This should be fun. Last time I ran T-hill (end of '08), it was the half course.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:

This should be fun. Last time I ran T-hill (end of '08), it was the half course.

Dude, are you ever in for a treat! Just beware of turn 10. (It hates yellow cars.)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Wow!  I never thought it could be, but maybe people are getting their fill of racing?  Naw!  That can't be it.

"Eleanor", The Gone in 60 Laps Mustang will be back for the August Thunderhill race and then again in December at the Buttonwillow race accompanied (hopefully) by "The Longest Metre" Citroen SM.  FWD Italian powered French car.  What could go wrong?

doctawife wrote:
Doug I wrote:

38 at NPR this weekend

Wow.  After the uber-crowded MSR Houston, I'm not sure that I'll know what to do with myself.

On another note - HOLY SH!T the race is THIS weekend!!!!  Ahhhh!!! Not ready, not ready!

We wanted to go to NPR but between work, kids and finals just was not in the cards.  Maybe in the fall.  I am not sure if an empty track would be boring or a relaxing change after the last Houston race.

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed

IMHO 118 sounds about right, 156 the last time at Thunderhill was too crowded and I think that contributed to the record number of black flags. With 118 hopefully things will be a lot more sane and uneventful out there.

It could be because Lemons now has 4 race dates at Thunderhill this year. One, or two, might be plenty for some folks. Besides, there are other Cali events on the schedule, too.

If we run it backwards, they will come.

OldFart wrote:

If we run it backwards, they will come.

If you run it backwards they will go 130mph before turn 1.  There will be many glowing rotors.

I'm all for it.

Can't wait!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

m610 wrote:

It could be because Lemons now has 4 race dates at Thunderhill this year. One, or two, might be plenty for some folks. Besides, there are other Cali events on the schedule, too.

Other = one?

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

DGAF where we race in CA even if its the same place a few times, racing is racing!! See ya guys next weekend when we blow your door off!

The Angry Hamsters will be racing at Thunderhill... at least until we break down again sad

Edward

Edward
Angry Hamster Racing
Angry Hamster Racing on Facebook

20 (edited by C.Plavan 2010-04-30 07:52 AM)

We are bringing two cars.  1988 Mazda Mx6, and 1988 Mazda Mx6 turbo......which one do you think will run the longest?

#E30 & #325i Mazda Mx-6 and turbo....14psi boost is a good thing right?
#114 1990 Mazda 323- Zoom-Zoom..Boom (Blah- too slow, but my first love)

C.Plavan wrote:

We are bringing two cars.  1988 Mazda Mx6, and 1998 Mazda Mx6 turbo......which one do you think will run the longest?

The Eyesore Miata.

GnomeFabTech wrote:
C.Plavan wrote:

We are bringing two cars.  1988 Mazda Mx6, and 1988 Mazda Mx6 turbo......which one do you think will run the longest?

The Eyesore Miata.

Why do you think we are bringing a rabbit car (not a POS VW)- strategy smile  lol yeah right

#E30 & #325i Mazda Mx-6 and turbo....14psi boost is a good thing right?
#114 1990 Mazda 323- Zoom-Zoom..Boom (Blah- too slow, but my first love)

GnomeFabTech wrote:
C.Plavan wrote:

We are bringing two cars.  1988 Mazda Mx6, and 1998 Mazda Mx6 turbo......which one do you think will run the longest?

The Eyesore Miata.

OUCH...no faith in your team?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

doctawife wrote:
Doug I wrote:

38 at NPR this weekend

You'll probably run around like crazy trying to fix your car, be helped by the really hoopy froods next to you in the paddock, and then pass us on the track.

Seriously - I kind of liked the smaller field. It's more fun with more cars on the track, but I felt like we got to meet almost all of the teams racing this weekend. It was a little more intimate, but not in a black flag for contact sort of way.

P.S. Thanks for the koozie, it's keeping my finally home from the track beer nice and chilly.

We will be there see you all in the Crappy Chrome 300ZX Winged Warrior. Though I must admit that I sadly messed up and missed the database closing deadline so all our information is not there the vitals are just some incidentals missing. sad