Topic: RaceQuip gear

Has anyone used or own any gear and helmets from this company? They have a package for about the same price as the Lemons discount site is selling theirs and was wandering which route I should go. This of course is after I dropped a few dimes on some IMPACT gear less than a month ago.

Re: RaceQuip gear

We use the racequip gear.  It passed tech and it is of good quality.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

We ordered a number of things from the OMP Closeouts and he threw together a killer deal to try and get rid of their Star suit.  The guy (Danilo) was real responsive and helpful.

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

4 (edited by Jer 2010-05-03 01:40 PM)

I just got a two layer two piece suit and glaves from them and love it!  After the coROLLa decided to get all fiery I thought I'd better get a two layer suit to replace the thin one layer suit i WAS wearing.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

5 (edited by doctawife 2010-05-03 04:30 PM)

I've never heard any complaints about them; but more importantly they aren't going tits up secondary to forgery charges.  You'll probably be okay.

Which is good, since my new suit and my friend Brian's suit if from RaceQuip.  Granted, neither one of us has ever really caught on fire, but still, you'll probably be okay.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

We got a package deal from a local store (Houston) to match the Lemons package online.  All Racequip stuff.  Worked great so far.  They now carry the package at the store.  It's called the "Lemon Aid" package.  It all is sized smaller than what you might wear in normal life, I.E. I had to get a size bigger than my normal clothes.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I got shoes and gloves after finding a great deal on a two layer suit somewhere else. Haven't had any issues. One of the other drivers on my team ordered a set of shoes and they were missing one of the stiches. They arrived the Tuesday before the race - called the place we ordered them from and they overnighted another pair AND a UPS return tag for the others. Not sure if I should post the name of the company. PM if you want it.