Topic: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3VFLO5cL-U

Did you rent a pit stall?  Do you have plans for a party Friday or Saturday night?  Did you get creative baksheesh?  What car are your running/team name?  Do you have extra brake pads?  Are you cooking BBQ?  Let's see some pics.  Let's get it started.

Justice...with a smile.

Re: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

Summer's Eve Racing is in and we rented a Pit Stall. (Texas in June = Need for covered spot.) Since we're local, I'm not sure if we'll be camping or just heading home at night. We barely got into our pads at MSRH (you can still see the bevels) so we should be good to go there ... although we did fab up some awesome homade ducts.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

We're coming in a 1988 Scirocco. First time out for the car and the team. Rented a covered paddock slot, but we're local and don't plan on spending the night unless some heroic fix ends up being involved.

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco
2010 North Dallas Hooptie 18th, Yee Haw, It's Lemons Texas 61st

4 (edited by Baron 2010-05-06 07:02 AM)

Part of our team(s) will be camping, some will head out. Some of the best stories are told overnight between sessions, and you never know what tool you were the only one at the track to think of...

We will be there with the Miatastang and a probe (maybe a probestang, we will see)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa56/DarrenDMc/2010%20Lemons/P1010077.jpg

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

rickerbr wrote:

We're coming in a 1988 Scirocco. First time out for the car and the team. Rented a covered paddock slot, but we're local and don't plan on spending the night until some heroic fix ends up being involved.

Fixed that for you.

Zachreligious wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Fair enough wink....

On a related note, anyone started an over/under on sets of brake pads the V8 mustangs will go through?

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco

I'm more concerned with the over/under for number of minutes into the race when the first Mustang/Crown Vic/(Insert Heavy Fast Car here) with Duralast Gold Pads cooks the brakes in Turn 7 and then goes off at the bottom of the hill in Turn 9...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

I'm more concerned with the over/under for number of minutes into the race when the first Mustang/Crown Vic/(Insert Heavy Fast Car here) with Duralast Gold Pads cooks the brakes in Turn 7 and then goes off at the bottom of the hill in Turn 9...

I give them 5 laps maybe..

Where is the covered parking now?  Is it one tier down from the grid area?   Also, if I've got an enclosed trailer will I be able to park it near the covered area or will it have to be parked elsewhere?  I'd like a covered spot but don't want to be 100 ft (or more) from the trailer.

Team Operation

We have a pit stall. Probably will go with Porterfield R4-E pads. Made some brake ducts for NPR, couldn't tell if it helped any. The rotors got to 1400 degress according to the brake temp paint! We have some Duralast pads to drive home on if needed...

robertm wrote:

Where is the covered parking now?  Is it one tier down from the grid area?   Also, if I've got an enclosed trailer will I be able to park it near the covered area or will it have to be parked elsewhere?  I'd like a covered spot but don't want to be 100 ft (or more) from the trailer.

The new covered spots are way in the back, past the fuel tanks. I'll be bringing my ATV.

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/img/ECR-Map-2-1-08.jpg

11 (edited by rickerbr 2010-05-06 09:34 AM)

YesIFit wrote:

I see 3 problem areas, the braking area into 1, the braking area into 7 and the area into 9. I'm telling my guys to try to be on the inside if they have to go N-wide so that potentially the guy that overcooks it doesn't t-bone us.

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco

12 (edited by EriktheAwful 2010-05-06 10:40 AM)

The Rusty Nuts are a new team with first timers, and we'll be bringing our "Jaggernaut" '87 Jaguar XJ6. We're bringing some tents and canopies to set up, but we're too broke to rent a stall.

As for spare parts, we have the original brake pads and under spec rotors, but after talking with a guy who's raced at Eagle Canyon, we stepped up and bought some Carbotech XP10s and new stock rotors. Your brakes will get hot and stay hot, so plan for it. We're planning on ducting to help.

Anybody bringing a grill? My trailer's only 16 foot, so there's no room for anything else when the Jag's on it.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/989/dscn3202.jpg

Shake and Bake will be there. No stall, just using a couple of portable awning deals and maybe an RV. We'll be doing autographs on friday from 2-4pm only.

http://i42.tinypic.com/k0gc9i.jpg

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

rickerbr wrote:

I see 3 problem areas, the braking area into 1, the braking area into 7 and the area into 9. I'm telling my guys to try to be on the inside if they have to go N-wide so that potentially the guy that overcooks it doesn't t-bone us.

IIRC, the braking zone at 1 isn't really that bad. It's a long straight, but that right-left sequence is pretty spread out and I think that T2 is actually going back uphill. But the T11 braking zone makes up for it with a quarter-mile straight (although the first part is uphill) followed by a double-apex hairpin. Plus that's right where everybody can see what's going on smile

My understanding is that most of the nasty failures are in the 7-8-9 sequence, which are downhill and little runoff to the outside of 9.

FWIW, we've rented a garage area, and if I can ever get the car running, we might even use it. smile

Of course, if by some tragic consequence the MR2 won't get going, I have a backup plan in transit...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

the blue oval cult is bringing a fox body coupe, with a v-6 of dubious origin. closely aligned with the bastardos, we'll be our usual selves -partying fools off the track, trying to stay out of trouble on the track......

We're bring our not at all trusty, but fast Fairmont station wagon, and debuting our Stroker Ace T-bird.  I'd really like to bring the smoker, but I have to see how far behind schedule I am.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

We are back!!  And what is all this concern with the turns???

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/sciv/Crewe%20le%20Pew/LeCarShot.jpg

Feverish work pace has brought Pepe back to former rally car glory. 

We felt a *little* down on power at MSR, so we dyno'd the chariot to confirm our worst fears...ZERO hp at the rear wheels?!?!?!?!!?  No wonder we are so slow  sad

Crewe Le Pew
1982 Renault Le Car "Pepe le Pew"
big_smile 2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE WINNER!!!!!

forddragracer wrote:

the blue oval cult is bringing a fox body coupe, with a v-6 of dubious origin. closely aligned with the bastardos, we'll be our usual selves -partying fools off the track, trying to stay out of trouble on the track......

sho 'nuff!

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

19 (edited by rickerbr 2010-05-07 08:09 AM)

Mulry wrote:

IIRC, the braking zone at 1 isn't really that bad. It's a long straight, but that right-left sequence is pretty spread out and I think that T2 is actually going back uphill. But the T11 braking zone makes up for it with a quarter-mile straight (although the first part is uphill) followed by a double-apex hairpin. Plus that's right where everybody can see what's going on smile

My understanding is that most of the nasty failures are in the 7-8-9 sequence, which are downhill and little runoff to the outside of 9.

FWIW, we've rented a garage area, and if I can ever get the car running, we might even use it. smile

Of course, if by some tragic consequence the MR2 won't get going, I have a backup plan in transit...

I've got a few laps at ECR, and you're right, 2 is slightly up hill, but 2 wide through 1-2 could get tricky (or if someone is coming out of the pits at a bad time). The entry into the first half of 9 is slightly down hill, but then at the first apex is a steep drop, looks like me if you've got a brake issue in 9 you're off at the first part of 9 which is rough and steep. The second half of 9 doesn't require much (if any) braking, so if you manage to slide down the hill you might be ok if you don't pick up too much speed between 9-10.

11 can be unforgiving (lots of solid things to hit on the outside, unlike pretty much everywhere else), plus everyone will see the mess up. I've seen a few cars spin in that corner (too much entry speed or late braking, it's also slick there in the wet), but most of them managed to stay on the pavement. My concern with 1 is that if you cooked your brakes going into 11 and then charged down the front straight only to find you've got no pedal, 1 will be very exciting for you and your neighbors.

Saturday will be very interesting.

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco

Gonna be a new Sheriff in town for this event. Be prepared. smile

crushcrushscramtrophytrophyjudgetrophyjudgetrophytrophytrophy....
The legacy continues.

Shake and Bake, Pepe, a scirocco, a few mustangs, a Jag and Stroker Ace.  I cant wait and yes, there will be 3 new sheriffs in town.  Bring your cameras to the penaly box.

Justice...with a smile.

It looks like Jonny and Phil are too busy getting married to dish out some Judgments and Penalties for Eagles Canyon.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

forddragracer wrote:

And the Bastardos have a pair of covered spots so we might not get too sunburned fixing our broken cars

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Troy wrote:

It looks like Jonny and Phil are too busy getting married to dish out some Judgments and Penalties for Eagles Canyon.

They gave Sajeev and I a list and strangely your name was at the top.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K., what size t-shirts do you and Sajeev wear?