Re: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

Judges need a ride at Eagles Canyon.  Coolness will get you a GOOJF card, post pics in advance if you have something you don't mind watching it accidentally burn in turn 7.

Justice...with a smile.

Troy wrote:

Screw chicanes, we need more SHOWERS!!!!!

'

We can do that... bring your favorite soap when you come to the penalty box.

crushcrushscramtrophytrophyjudgetrophyjudgetrophytrophytrophy....
The legacy continues.

sergio wrote:

They said the same thing about MSRH not having a chicane on the back straight. There would be lots of crashes. Didn't happen. We were getting up to 110 on it.

Chicanes are a bad idea. Race the track the way it is.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but braking for turn 7 @ ECR is slightly more severe than Diamond's Edge @ MSRH ...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

No chicanes means the penalty box will be full.  I vote no chicane though it means the tow trucks could be busy as well.  I honestly think drivers would regulate themselves after a few pucker moments like they did in Houston.  It does not take long to realize that speed in some cars is a really bad idea and those not prepped either way will just be out there for fun like it should be.

Justice...with a smile.

We seemed to have more accidents at MSRH when we raced with chicanes than without.

I don't know our top speed going into Diamonds edge but we could easily get into the 100s.

Traffic gets in the way and keeps speeds down a bit.

One team member said he pretty much ran out 5th gear. 

The joyous part was going from 5th down to 2nd or bogging 3rd a bit around Diamonds Edge.  The 5th to 2nd shift requires some prayers to the synchro Gods.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

ArthurDented wrote:
Troy wrote:

'

Texas: The Gayest of all Possible States

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

California is the only state that allows them to suffer through marriage.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Judge Jonny wrote:
ArthurDented wrote:
Troy wrote:

'

You just want to wash his bits. Without you there, I'll make him wash his own bits. Different form of Justice in this race, Jonny smile

crushcrushscramtrophytrophyjudgetrophyjudgetrophytrophytrophy....
The legacy continues.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

No chicanes means the penalty box will be full.  I vote no chicane though it means the tow trucks could be busy as well.  I honestly think drivers would regulate themselves after a few pucker moments like they did in Houston.  It does not take long to realize that speed in some cars is a really bad idea and those not prepped either way will just be out there for fun like it should be.

+1

This is Texas.   Good tequila and good beer!

Shots at 1am in front of the ambulance anyone?

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Someone needs to buy this for a judge-mobile: http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/1740218670.html

Zachreligious wrote:

Someone needs to buy this for a judge-mobile: http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/1740218670.html

I just e-mailed an offer and it's the right color for Lemons.

Justice...with a smile.

Any idea how fueling is going to go down at ECR? I know they have pumps, but what about hot pit filling etc.Will we need fueler extinguishers?

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco
2010 North Dallas Hooptie 18th, Yee Haw, It's Lemons Texas 61st

I want so more smack talking.  Cheaty BMWs and SHO's and a flying Integral, who is going to accidentally win this race cause we all know y'all are coming for the good time.

Justice...with a smile.

The Ford contingent is bringing a trio of ill-suited vehicles to the race along with the rest of the menagerie

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

I'm running tech at this race, Please read my sticky under the tech section:  "common tech failures"     

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions about tech, and send pics if you're asking specific questions about your car.     

I look forward to seeing you all, looks like an interesting track....     

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

And for those of you finishing up your cages.....   360 degree welds, just do it!

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:

I'm running tech at this race, Please read my sticky under the tech section:  "common tech failures"     

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions about tech, and send pics if you're asking specific questions about your car.     

I look forward to seeing you all, looks like an interesting track....     

-John

John I have 2 maybe 3 guys to help you with tech, how would you like this to happen?

Justice...with a smile.

Inspite Racing (formerly PreLube Racing) will be at ECR. This is our second race with our '86 Prelude. We're local, so we are probably not going to be camping. Just did a motor swap as we blew the original carb engine at MSR. We're bringing environmental irresponsibility to Lemons with our new Hybrid theme. Expect wind generator and solar panels.

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

TheHeckler wrote:

The Ford contingent is bringing a trio of ill-suited vehicles to the race along with the rest of the menagerie

This team will dominate. In addition to bringing some seriously ridiculous cars - they are bringing in a ringer fresh off an IOE victory. While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

What could possibly go wrong?

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Judges need a ride at Eagles Canyon.  Coolness will get you a GOOJF card, post pics in advance if you have something you don't mind watching it accidentally burn in turn 7.

Please somebody build one of these:

http://www.mrgroove.co.uk/pix/hkpcar.gif

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

72 (edited by sergio 2010-05-20 10:06 AM)

Zachreligious wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

This team will dominate. In addition to bringing some seriously ridiculous cars - they are bringing in a ringer fresh off an IOE victory. While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm sure the Scuderia can wait for someone of your talent. smile What fine piece of machinery could it be? Seems like there's gonna be a ton of Ford products at this race. 5 SHO's will be there. One has to finish......

73 (edited by Mulry 2010-05-20 09:25 AM)

Couple of quick notes about the track while I'm thinking about it. First, it's in the middle of nowhere, so don't plan on a quick run to the auto parts store or anyplace else -- it won't be quick. Decatur is the closest town and it's (a) small and (b) 20 minutes away. There is a beer store there, or so I'm told, but I don't have that on first-hand knowledge. Parts of Wise County are dry, and although Decatur permits beer/wine sales for off-premises consumption, it looks like Decatur and most of Wise County does not permit the sale of distilled beverages for off-premises consumption. Thus, there is a better than 50:50 chance that the TARP Racing garage will have a keg on tap after 5:00 on Friday, and if you want the harder stuff you'd better bring it in with you smile

Second, the track has put up a revised facilities map showing the new covered paddock and garage areas:

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/img/ECR-Map-2-1-08.jpg

Third, I'm trying to convince one of our non-drivers to do some good ribs and maybe a brisket. Grilled meats should be in abundance after racing on Friday and Saturday. I hope.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Pat ... you guys have a covered spot/garage or are you RV-ing it? Maggie told me that the large RV's and trailers might be up the hill from the paddock area (to the left of it on the map above instead of in the yellow "General Parking" area). The Summer's Eve Racing Team can be found under the covered paddock this time 'round.

Oh, and you might want to bring your gas in with you. Their pumps/card readers are notoriously fickle...

We're going with the garage this time, depending on if this weather breaks or not I like the option of "renting" a portable A/C unit at Wal-Mart and putting the door down if it gets wicked hot smile We're not RV'ing it. Worse comes to worse we'll just go home overnight although now that I think about it what we really should do is just erect a temporary pool at the track and sit in that and drink beer after the race.

Not that I have enough other crap to do to get ready or anything...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.