76 (edited by YesIFit 2010-05-20 09:52 AM)

Re: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

Mulry wrote:

now that I think about it what we really should do is just erect a temporary pool at the track and sit in that and drink beer after the race.

... or just tarp the bed of my tow rig and fill it up.

http://hahacomix.com/e-mag/2003-09-HHC-NL_files/Redneck_Swimming_Pool.jpg

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Yes. That's what we will need after a 2 hour driving stint. One can only hope for rain......

I'll be there as a spectator (future racer).

If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape.
If it should move and doesn't, use WD-40.
If those don't work, its BROKE!

sergio wrote:

Yes. That's what we will need after a 2 hour driving stint. One can only hope for rain......

Yeah, except that the runoff at that track has gotta get disgustingly sloppy with even just a little rain. All that red dirt clay plus water = slip slidin' away! Heck, just looking at some of the satellite shots of the track show where the runoff comes over the track, and I'm sure the bottom of 9/10 gets very, very interesting in the wet. So while the rain might cool things down, I don't think we want the watery part of the rain.

We really just want a blue norther, only one that leaves the rain up in the panhandle.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I assume (you know what that means) that we are running full course  since it is ~100 cars??
Are there going to be any offsets?

Julius

250 GTO

81 (edited by YesIFit 2010-05-20 11:19 AM)

Mulry wrote:

Yeah, except that the runoff at that track has gotta get disgustingly sloppy with even just a little rain. All that red dirt clay plus water = slip slidin' away!

This is what happens when you go off there when it's wet ... buddy of mine  went 4 off right after it'd rained.

http://sannton.smugmug.com/photos/263831771_xjBNZ-L.jpg

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

sergio wrote:
Zachreligious wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

The Ford contingent is bringing a trio of ill-suited vehicles to the race along with the rest of the menagerie

This team will dominate. In addition to bringing some seriously ridiculous cars - they are bringing in a ringer fresh off an IOE victory. While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm sure the Scuderia can wait for someone of your talent. smile What fine piece of machinery could it be? Seems like there's gonna be a ton of Ford products at this race. 5 SHO's will be there. One has to finish......

These guys are doing it right, I'm totally honored to join them for the weekend:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4814
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4537

Zachreligious wrote:

While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

If Luca didn't arrange for the corporate jet, you're doing it wrong.  Of course he's busy these days smelling Alonso's jock strap so details like that get overlooked.

I'm racing Lemons for the endurance racing experience so that a certain privateer competeing in the 24h Nurhurgrughrerring next year in a ferrari kit car will look to me for a driver slot.  Maybe if I drop a few dillon references I'll get in good with him.

Best

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Just FYI, after Can't Get Bayou and 5 or so teams pointing at stencils from previous races in hopes of getting out of BS...this might just get you laps for lack of effort and attention to detail.  Judges have needs and we share our BAKSHEESH with track workers who are there for your good time.  Who was it wearing the diamond Rolex telling us he had no money after buying a Lambo?  I think they got 65 laps because the 528 car was painted white or because it was a 528 j/k...settle down Dion.  Anything Hong Kong Phooey related would be epic and smiled upon.  Youtube videos do not count.

Justice...with a smile.

Zachreligious wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

The Ford contingent is bringing a trio of ill-suited vehicles to the race along with the rest of the menagerie

This team will dominate. In addition to bringing some seriously ridiculous cars - they are bringing in a ringer fresh off an IOE victory. While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

uhhhh, brakes, suspension, engine, tranny, ignition, did i say suspension?

forddragracer wrote:
Zachreligious wrote:

I already said you guys were doing it right!

Zachreligious wrote:
forddragracer wrote:
Zachreligious wrote:

I already said you guys were doing it right!

This is the team you narked on..right?

Justice...with a smile.

I deny these heinous allegations.

89 (edited by H.K. Phooey 2010-05-21 08:43 PM)

Did I say nark, I meant to say this is the team that was competitive and is going to Lemons to specifically win the race, fun be dammed.

Justice...with a smile.

Mulry wrote:

We're going with the garage this time, depending on if this weather breaks or not I like the option of "renting" a portable A/C unit at Wal-Mart and putting the door down if it gets wicked hot smile We're not RV'ing it. Worse comes to worse we'll just go home overnight although now that I think about it what we really should do is just erect a temporary pool at the track and sit in that and drink beer after the race.

Not that I have enough other crap to do to get ready or anything...

The yellow RX-7 boys brought a hot tub to MSRH a while back.

All kidding aside, I hope they bring in some form of additional showers!  They have 1 in the mens and 1 in the womens.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

All kidding aside, I hope they bring in some form of additional showers!  They have 1 in the mens and 1 in the womens.

So you have two to choose from.

Justice...with a smile.

YesIFit wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Yeah, except that the runoff at that track has gotta get disgustingly sloppy with even just a little rain. All that red dirt clay plus water = slip slidin' away!

This is what happens when you go off there when it's wet ... buddy of mine  went 4 off right after it'd rained.

LOL. Now you have me hoping for rain. I've been dying to run mudders on the MR2...

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Did I saw nark, I meant to say this is the team that was competitive and is going to Lemons to specifically win the race, fun be dammed.

win? now i have to mop up the drink i just sprayed my desk with.

Things the judges need.
We need a big industrial fan and I will not forget the team that brings us one.
We need pit transportation/golf cart/whatever works.
We need 10 used orange cones.
We need a portable loud stereo.
We need portable welding equipment, a self contained unit will be best.
Nick and Jay have the final say on GOOJF cards but we need some of these things and it could make your BS inspections a bit easier.

Justice...with a smile.

YesIFit wrote:
Mulry wrote:

now that I think about it what we really should do is just erect a temporary pool at the track and sit in that and drink beer after the race.

... or just tarp the bed of my tow rig and fill it up.

http://hahacomix.com/e-mag/2003-09-HHC-NL_files/Redneck_Swimming_Pool.jpg

You forgot to run a hose from the muffler to the bed; heating the water and causing spa jets.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Things the judges need.
We need a big industrial fan and I will not forget the team that brings us one.
We need pit transportation/golf cart/whatever works.
We need 10 used orange cones.
We need a portable loud stereo.
Nick and Jay have the final say on GOOJF cards but we need some of these things and it could make your BS inspections a bit easier.

think we might be able to handle the fan. the one at the shop rattles a litte, but moves lots of air

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Done. I'll bring the welder.

Mulry wrote:

Great, it will be used on a few  justifiable occasions.  What is your cars theme?  Besides the miss-matched wheels and so on, it's terribleness does has a quality all on it's own but I was hoping for a theme.  I like fat chrome girl.
http://i45.tinypic.com/5uiwxy.jpg

forddragracer wrote:

think we might be able to handle the fan. the one at the shop rattles a litte, but moves lots of air

Thanks, Can you make it smoke?  If it rattles and becomes irritating, it could be a mood adjuster...in a bad way.  I'm just saying.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Great, it will be used on a few  justifiable occasions.  What is your cars theme?  Besides the miss-matched wheels and so on, it's terribleness does has a quality all on it's own but I was hoping for a theme.  I like fat chrome girl.
http://i45.tinypic.com/5uiwxy.jpg

forddragracer wrote:

Thanks, Can you make it smoke?  If it rattles and becomes irritating, it could be a mood adjuster...in a bad way.  I'm just saying.

we just set it on it's back, an it quiets down nicely. and i guess it would smoke, if we set it on fire, but i'm thinking (yeah, bad thing to do) that would defeat the purpose....

forddragracer wrote:

we just set it on it's back, an it quiets down nicely. and i guess it would smoke, if we set it on fire, but i'm thinking (yeah, bad thing to do) that would defeat the purpose....

lemon flame thrower?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John