Re: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

We're bringing a non-Arc Angel approved welder.  The cord got a bit screwed at No Problem in 09.

Depending on available trailer space, we will bring whatever else we can.

I wish we had a golf cart + room to haul it!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Which is great, but you'll still be the crucial part of the "Talk To The Troy" penalty...we'll have saran wrap for that.

Zachreligious wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

The Ford contingent is bringing a trio of ill-suited vehicles to the race along with the rest of the menagerie

This team will dominate. In addition to bringing some seriously ridiculous cars - they are bringing in a ringer fresh off an IOE victory. While it does delay my plans to test for Scuderia Ferrari, it will totally be worth it to pilot one of these fine machines.

What could possibly go wrong?

See you in the penalty box.... yippeekiaayyyy

crushcrushscramtrophytrophyjudgetrophyjudgetrophytrophytrophy....
The legacy continues.

Sajeev Mehta wrote:
Troy wrote:

Which is great, but you'll still be the crucial part of the "Talk To The Troy" penalty...we'll have saran wrap for that.

I for one am happy to have contributed the Saran Wrap idea ( and the original saran wrap )

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Things the judges need.
... a portable loud stereo.

Gotcha...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

First 15 day forecasts are out, so if you believe something that far out, we should be sitting at 92 and sunny ..

http://www.accuweather.com/us/tx/slidel … sp?fday=11

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I'm a weather guesser too. I say 95 sunny and hot, like fry an egg on the racetrack hot.

sergio wrote:

I'm a weather guesser too. I say 95 sunny and hot, like fry an egg on the racetrack hot.

In a black robe and hat, one must suffer for his service while others must suffer for their crimes.

Justice...with a smile.

Still not back in the States yet, but I thought I´d post some hot weather tips.

Water. Drink lots of WATER, not soda, Gatorade, beer, etc. Beer´s fine after the sun goes down, but it´ll make you pee away all your precious bodily fluid.

Hat. You´ll want something that will protect your forehead, nose, neck, and has some ventilation. I prefer boonie hats.

Rest. If you start getting too hot, find a nice place in the shade and cool down. Don´t overexert yourself.

Light clothing. You want something that covers enough to keep you from getting sunburnt, but also ventilates well. I like white t-shirts and baggy cargo pants.

Sunblock. Wear sunblock everywhere your clothes don´t cover, and on your nose just in case. This is especially important if you´re German/Scottish/Irish like me. Skin cancer is very nasty.

Water. Rehydrate often! You´re going to be sweating a lot. I´ve done a few engine swaps in my driveway on 100 degree days. I usually go through a quart or two of water while I´m working. Warm water isn´t so bad when you´re working hard, and it quenches your thirst better than anything else.

Of course all of us are from around these parts and shouldn´t need reminding, but I´m reminding anyways because a few of us will get too full of beer and think we can handle it. I plan on having at least two five gallon jugs of water on hand, so if you need a sip, stop by the Rusty Nuts pit area.

all of the above is good advice. just one thing to add. try laying a wet hand towel over the shoulders. cools the upper body. i work outside nearly every day.when it gets hot, it's what i do....

I'm making an extra cool shirt for our DIY cool suit system and I'll wear that around the pits since I apparently don't do so well in the heat anymore...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

TheHeckler wrote:
Sajeev Mehta wrote:
Troy wrote:

I for one am happy to have contributed the Saran Wrap idea ( and the original saran wrap )

I would say that now I'm gonna have to be extra nice to you, but I'm too damn nice to everyone as it is.

TheHeckler wrote:

I'm making an extra cool shirt for our DIY cool suit system ...

Et tu, eh? We made this one --> http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4181

And now they've gone and awarded Texas a real by-God Formula One race ...

Can I sign up for the first ever Lemons open-wheel event at the yet-to-be-built track?

YesIFit wrote:

And now they've gone and awarded Texas a real by-God Formula One race ...

Can I sign up for the first ever Lemons open-wheel event at the yet-to-be-built track?

Where they building that track, anyways?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ … 10824.html

Justice...with a smile.

Hey Judgies, we got your ride for the track!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/Baron733/jeep.jpg

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

Hey Judgies, we got your ride for the track!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119 … 3/jeep.jpg

That is a get out of jail free card and a case of beer!!!

Justice...with a smile.

Damn...I'm gonna review that for TTAC.

Troy,
Don't worry, Mason and I will be there and have some creative penalties for you.

If you plan to camp at ECR, be advised only one shower.     Do not forget to bring your communication method to tech on Friday.   Bring scanners so you will be able to hear what is going on and communicate with your driver.  Those Nascar boys do it and it helps them stay out of the penality box!

FYI, I just spoke with ECR today and they will be letting Lemons cars in the gate on Thursday morning to get setup for the weekend.

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Tips from TECH

Please use the long weekend to go over the saftey rules and make sure you are ready for tech. Your life will be easier if you do not have to push that heap up and down the hill at ECR 3 times to pass tech!

The largest failures are for poor roll cage construction, bad welds ect.  I do not know of anyone who will be attending that will be bringing pipe and a welder.  Here is a helpful check list of the most common failures from the last 4 events here in TX/LA:

Missing or incomplete welds, crappy welds that can be knocked loose with the blow of the judges hammer!
Number of door bars (2)
Poor roll cage construction/design/ missing bars
Bolt in cages bolted to paper thin rusted out floor-
Seat back brace support/ proximinty to horizontal cage bar
Shoulder belts mounted too low, forgetting to bolt in your belts
Master electrical cut off not killing car
Batteries not properly secured (nylon straps around battery box are not secure, use a metal hold down strap!)
You just leaked a quart of oil on the tech floor!
Coolant in system.....Water Only!

Good luck and see you there.

Davidmgbv8 wrote:

Tips from TECH

Please use the long weekend to go over the saftey rules and make sure you are ready for tech. Your life will be easier if you do not have to push that heap up and down the hill at ECR 3 times to pass tech!

The largest failures are for poor roll cage construction, bad welds ect.  I do not know of anyone who will be attending that will be bringing pipe and a welder.  Here is a helpful check list of the most common failures from the last 4 events here in TX/LA:

Missing or incomplete welds, crappy welds that can be knocked loose with the blow of the judges hammer!
Number of door bars (2)
Poor roll cage construction/design/ missing bars
Bolt in cages bolted to paper thin rusted out floor-
Seat back brace support/ proximinty to horizontal cage bar
Shoulder belts mounted too low, forgetting to bolt in your belts
Master electrical cut off not killing car
Batteries not properly secured (nylon straps around battery box are not secure, use a metal hold down strap!)
You just leaked a quart of oil on the tech floor!
Coolant in system.....Water Only!

Good luck and see you there.

Good advice. I think there will be a cage guy there to help out those in need though --> http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4968

Judges, are ya'll sippers or mixers?