Re: Let's Talk Texas Ya'll -- June 4, 5 & 6th Eagle Canyon

Davidmgbv8 wrote:

Tips from TECH
  I do not know of anyone who will be attending that will be bringing pipe and a welder. .

I hope nobody has any 'pipe'   it had better be tubing.....     Pipe is an instant fail

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

EriktheAwful wrote:

Judges, are ya'll sippers or mixers?

I'm a Wine and Great Beer guy but currently I'm on a wine kick.

Justice...with a smile.

Scotch.... single malt... elderly
Tequila... the good stuff... no Patron
Bourbon.... good stuff
Cash... small unmarked bills.... stacks and stacks

And bring your sense of humor. I am smile

crushcrushscramtrophytrophyjudgetrophyjudgetrophytrophytrophy....
The legacy continues.

I can't remember, what is ECRs rule on glass? Do we have to remove rear glass?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

If you're running without side windows, remove your rear glass as well or you'll have a lot of drag.

EriktheAwful wrote:

If you're running without side windows, remove your rear glass as well or you'll have a lot of drag.

Or take the trunk lid off.

I just emailed Jay and Nick and let them know we're having to drop out. We still have a lot of work to do, and it's not happening. If I'm lucky I'll be able to come down and spectate on Saturday.

We're going to apply for the Mutually Assured Destruction of Omaha in August.

Come on, it can't be that bad.

I still haven't installed brake masters, throttle, shifter, electrics including the PCM, fuel lines, coolant lines, radiator, oil cooler and fans, brake lines, floorpan, firewall, engine cover, exhaust and bumpers but I'm going to make it work...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

EriktheAwful wrote:

I just emailed Jay and Nick and let them know we're having to drop out. We still have a lot of work to do, and it's not happening. If I'm lucky I'll be able to come down and spectate on Saturday.

We're going to apply for the Mutually Assured Destruction of Omaha in August.

That sucks. We're cutting it close, and some not so good setbacks have occured personally, but we'll make it.

TheHeckler wrote:

Come on, it can't be that bad.

I still haven't installed brake masters, Nitrous Fogger, Super Charger, rear electronic oil sprayer including the 5-30 weight nozzle, Rocket Fish Launcher and fuel lines but I'm going to make it work...

Wait what...

Justice...with a smile.

136 (edited by YesIFit 2010-05-31 04:45 AM)

Weather update ... sunny, 98 Saturday & 96 Sunday. Ugh.

Edit: Make that 102 ... both days.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX1269

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

NOW 103 on SUNDAY.  On the good side they have 8 new showers open for this weekend and the penalty Box office might be located inside showers # 3, 4 and 5.

Justice...with a smile.

Ye gods man!   103?   I'm not acclimatized yet, No Cal has had a cool wet spring, we're not there yet.

It is going to be hot for sure.  Everyone better bring plenty of sunscreen and drink a lot of fluids.

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

H.K. Phooey wrote:

NOW 103 on SUNDAY.  On the good side they have 8 new showers open for this weekend and the penalty Box office might be located inside showers # 3, 4 and 5.

I have an Integra fuel rail & some RX7 injectors. I'm trying to plumb it into a garden hose to mist the industrial fan I am bringing for you.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'm leaving for the race tomorrow.  1760 miles to cover before friday.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

squidbreath wrote:

See you there, you bringing one of the Mercs?   do you need to borrow a trailer? 
  I didn't know you were going....

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Are you guys going to be set up inside the new Tech Building on the grid?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Evil Genius wrote:
squidbreath wrote:

See you there, you bringing one of the Mercs?   do you need to borrow a trailer? 

I'm bringing the one I one I had at Goin For Broken.  Hopefully I've gotten more of the bugs worked out.  I bought a used trailer from U-Haul.  It's a little moth eaten but only $1400.

I'd offer you a ride but the Societe d'Jungueheaps is probably sending their Citation Jet to pick you up in Woodland.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

145 (edited by Evil Genius 2010-05-31 09:19 PM)

squidbreath wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:
squidbreath wrote:

I'm bringing the one I one I had at Goin For Broken.  Hopefully I've gotten more of the bugs worked out.  I bought a used trailer from U-Haul.  It's a little moth eaten but only $1400.

I'd offer you a ride but the Societe d'Jungueheaps is probably sending their Citation Jet to pick you up in Woodland.

Dude, no stinking Citation for me.. I'm taking the official Lemons Semi-Orbital Ballistic transport ship...   I'm still working on drinking the Martinis out of the zero-G drink bulbs....its a skill I've not mastered yet.

I'll get there Thursday evening..   See you in tech on Friday.

pack your cowboy hats, it's gonna be hot!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Test on the DIY coolbox completed yesterday ... SUCCESS!! (Phew)

YesIFit wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

Are you guys going to be set up inside the new Tech Building on the grid?

You mean the convection oven...then yes I think that is our spot.

Justice...with a smile.

So do our race fees that we've sacrificed get us in to spectate for free? I would assume so, but I'd like to know. Do we just show up Saturday morning without a car and say "we're here, but we're not racing"?

I think we can work something out. You are car-deficient and I am newly driver-deficient for a truly crappy reason. One of my drivers moved from his tried and true septic system at his house two years ago to new-fangled city sewers. When they hooked up the sewers, they backfilled the septic system with sand to keep the yard from caving in.

Turns out that his house has two different waste drains and not just the one that they hooked up to the city sewers. He just found out in a very nasty way that the second drain pipe has been filling with human solid waste product for the last 2 years. Given the choice between racing crapcan cars (and a divorce) and bailing the crap out of his house with a can this weekend (and a less-unhappy wife), he wisely chose the latter. But that leaves me with 3 drivers on a mega-uber-hot weekend. Not ideal.

So, like I said, we can probably work something out that will be cheap and easy for everyone involved. Email me with your phone number if you're interested and I'll give you a call tomorrow.

And yes, your entry fees get you into the race.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.