Topic: California Lemons racers raise the bar yet again

After seeing the Cannonball Bandits' Tiger Woods car, the Black Iron Racing Jeepney, the Bavarian Ranchero, Prickstine, the Mad Maxeltov Capri, the Squirrels Of Fury Group B "Quattro," two ridiculous motorcycle-engined tiny cars, a pair of racin' minivans, a Rote Sau Benz, two Starship Enterprises, a Ford V8-powered E30 with its front springs stuffed with tennis balls, and a Jaguar XJ-S with 315-width tires, I'm going to have to take back all the bad things I've ever said about West Coast Lemons racers. Someday the Midwesterners or Southerners may top this madness— I have high hopes— but for now California reigns supreme as the Lemons Big Leagues.

Re: California Lemons racers raise the bar yet again

COME ON NOT  A MENTION OF A HUMMER HOODED CIGAR ON ROOF HONDA!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Or both v8 rx7's.... lol

Judge Phil wrote:

Jaguar XJ-S with 315-width tires

This I gotta see.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

This I gotta see.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4729

fabtoys wrote:

COME ON NOT  A MENTION OF A HUMMER HOODED CIGAR ON ROOF HONDA!

You see? So many great cars that I can't even remember them all. But mark my words: the CMP racers aren't far behind.

Yea, even the Mr. Bean Austin Mini has become old hat it seems. Our impression of a whirlygig was enough to get us 4 deserved black flags and parked pretty darned quickly on Saturday, but otherwise unimpressive.

After getting the handling more neutral for Sunday, seems we gotta re-theme and re-power for the August Arse-sweat.

Hey, how many black flags?  It seemed like the race was a might bit cleaner than some I have seen.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

The race was well run by all, little contact and minimal yellows.  Most of the black flaggs were for passing under yellow and from all I saw, the Judges were overly fair (did I just say that?)
At times the penalty box was nearly empty if anyone was there at all.
It was a GREAT event, I'm not just saying that because we won Judges Choice for our Pikes Peak S1.

10 (edited by magnusracing 2010-05-10 10:04 PM)

dculberson wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

This I gotta see.

Here are some pics of our Jag from Head on Photos. Amazing the difference a change in wheels/tires (we had the ridiculous 20 inch tires the last two races) can make in both the looks and performance of the car!

http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/NiceJagShot1small.jpg
http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/NiceJagShot2small.jpg
http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/NiceJagShot3small.jpg

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

The old car had impact in ever race and don't even know how many fenders and hoods and finally died in race 8 and Infineon.
My new Governator not a scratch on her .But the Lemon Demo CRX was T-Boned by Team Underground and the Crx has a 4" dent in the DOM door bar but the Team Underground had a S shaped radiator and 8" off seat front bumper.

Very clean race !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

That jag was beautiful...  Loved watching it go 'round.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

SuperDave wrote:

The race was well run by all, little contact and minimal yellows.  Most of the black flaggs were for passing under yellow and from all I saw, the Judges were overly fair (did I just say that?)
At times the penalty box was nearly empty if anyone was there at all.
It was a GREAT event, I'm not just saying that because we won Judges Choice for our Pikes Peak S1.

Lies, lies, lies.

I never got a final count, but on Saturday we 166 black flags (actually 180, but the race ended and we never got to 14 of 'em)

Sunday was at least 100 more. We also started putting cones of shame on cars that had three black flags.

Meaning we had TWENTY SIX CONED CARS on Saturday alone.

Most of the penalties were for 4 Wheels Off or Spinning. Lots of contact, too.

Very few Passing Under Yellow violations, actually.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

We also started putting cones of shame on cars that had three black flags.

Most of the penalties were for 4 Wheels Off or Spinning.

guilty x3 for spinning
guilty x1 for 2 wheels off

Guilty x2 for spinning

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Spank wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

guilty x3 for spinning

For those wondering -- 2 Wheels Off is just as illegal/dangerous as 4 Wheels Off.

Though, you typically get larger penalties for 2 Wheels Off. Why?

Because we get to hear, "I only went two wheels off!" Man, that angers us.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Only 266 black flags! That's half the number of the Arse-Freeze race last November. Either we're getting better of the 50 cars that didn't come this time simply did not contribute to this particular stat.

I was an intermittent spotter for the front section on Sunday and I did notice that there were no flags in that section for over an hour. Not bad.

m610 wrote:

Only 266 black flags! That's half the number of the Arse-Freeze race last November. Either we're getting better of the 50 cars that didn't come this time simply did not contribute to this particular stat.

I was an intermittent spotter for the front section on Sunday and I did notice that there were no flags in that section for over an hour. Not bad.

Don't get carried away -- there very well could have been 200 black flags on Sunday.

Also, there were 108 cars, as opposed to 156

I'm very glad that *one* tire off wasn't grounds for a black. I came into 7 way too hot, hit the curb on the outside which upset the car, oversteered left, oversteered right, got my left rear tire in the dirt, and then saved it. Gave the flag worker a wave to let him know I was good and prayed for no black flag.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Just a little hint but if you are nice and wave to the corner workers it helps a LOT. I got 2 wheels completely off one time in turn 9 going up the hill but I gave the corner worker a big wave and thumbs up and received no black flag.....pays to be nice and friendly I guess.

Also in turn 11 I had the save of a lifetime (video later today) and thankfully once again I gave a thumbs up to the corner worker on the next lap and he gave me one back....no black flag and I guess even Jonny and Jay saw it and came down to our pit to say I almost got one but I barely saved it and we must be the luckiest team there lol

Talking about turn 11... whose idea was it to have black flags be displayed at that corner? 11 is already a choke point, and then adding in the confusion of drivers in a pack of cars trying to figure out who actually got the black just made it into a total clusterfcuk.

I totally blew the turn once because I was paying more attention to the flagger. Later I sat and watched the race at that corner for a while and saw that I definitely wasn't the only one to blow it due to confusion.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

The nice thing about having wide tires is that you can go just partly two off as shown below:

http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/Kyleslinesmall.jpg

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Judge Jonny wrote:
Spank wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

guilty x3 for spinning

For those wondering -- 2 Wheels Off is just as illegal/dangerous as 4 Wheels Off.

Though, you typically get larger penalties for 2 Wheels Off. Why?

Because we get to hear, "I only went two wheels off!" Man, that angers us.

well, how does 3 tires off fare.. because apparently that's what i did.

we just got the cone of shame.

Key Lemon Racing #963
Haze Gray and Underway Wagovan

LTDScott wrote:

I'm very glad that *one* tire off wasn't grounds for a black. I came into 7 way too hot, hit the curb on the outside which upset the car, oversteered left, oversteered right, got my left rear tire in the dirt, and then saved it. Gave the flag worker a wave to let him know I was good and prayed for no black flag.

Hah, we beat that.  We had the car at 5A with one wheel off - it was all the way down at the flag stand at 6.

-Barry
Rooster Juice Racing

magnusracing wrote:

The nice thing about having wide tires is that you can go just partly two off as shown below:

http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/ … esmall.jpg

Now THAT is how to track out of a corner. Every corner, if possible.

Your car was pure sex. My constant "God that thing looks rad"s annoyed my pit-mates to no end...