Topic: I was nice meeting Y'all at Summit this weekend

A big thanks to the 240 SX team who "loaned" me a quart of oil 10 minutes before my session started.  I'll try to bring something that you guys may need for the race.  The e30 appears to be the endurance king, as it has 5 races on the original drivetrain.  Then was driven home.  Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.  The mustang w/ the 2.3 was hella fast, and hopefully it was just a battery issue, and the Volvo wagon has half a race on it already.  Matt's RX7 was real cool, although not a lemon.

Fortunately, we only blew the fernco leading to the IC, and had the lemon bird back up for the next session.

Looking forward to a little elbow bending with you folks at the offense.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Re: I was nice meeting Y'all at Summit this weekend

E30 team here. It was great to work the kinks out of our endurance king. We had wicked rubbing in the passenger rear wheel well (removed with a grinder), we had no power on fast acceleration (cleaned the contacts on the distributor), our ECU fell out ( added another bolt), We could not get the tranny to down shift when hitting the bottom of the accelerator pedal (added a couple tie wraps to increase the pull distance on the accelerator body, had a punctured coolant hose (luckily I always have a complete set of coolant hoses with me). The E30 was breaking 2 minutes on the second day with all the kinks worked out and we were pleased. Yep - drove the car to and from the Summit track everyday - 50 minute drive. Scared a few people in the towns from the screeching of the brakes.

This Summit Point track is HARD! You beginners be prepared to pucker on the blind esses! There is a ski jump on one of the straights that for a couple seconds you only see tree tops and horizon. Very technical track.....for a Lemons race? All I can say is the first couple hours there will be carnage.

Great talking to the mustang guys, the car looked good and sounded good on the track. It would have been fun to tangle with you on the second day when we had the issues ironed out.

Great talking to the very talkative T-bird team. Sorry for the problems but your lap times I did for you were not bad. Hope to see a seat that goes upright for you at the race. Good luck with the race!

Nice talking to the Volvo team. You guys are doing it all very well. It does take a BUNCH of work the first race. If you can get it all working that Volvo should be an endurance king and your team will have a bunch of fun. We will be looking for your car to pass with our blazing E30!

Good to see the 240 guys on the track....we did not get to talk to you guys but your car was always a target to try to catch on the second day for us. Your first day I was thinking you would not last with the HUGE clouds of smoke at the big turns. But your second day just pissed us off as you had it all together and were passing us. Good luck!

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

You are welcome for the oil. We'll take beer in return, Thanks (tastes better).  Yeah the smoke was a little troubling, but I think we figured it out. there is an oil separator on the right side of the engine which is basically a catch can of sorts. when we brought our engine home from it rolled onto that side in the back of the truck and we are guessing it filled up with oil, and on Saturday we burned it all out of there and shared it with all of you guys. It only ever smoked after hard left turns.

the car is pretty quick. I think we need to try adding more negative camber up front cause we really aren't using the inside of the tread much. car pushes a little right now and that should fix it up.

We enjoyed meeting you guys!

John
240sx

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Hey did anyone get any pictures of our smoldering heap (240) at SP this weekend? I'd like to record the cloud for posterity...

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX