Topic: list of cars for CMP spring 2010?

Curious what all is entered.  Does anyone have the list?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Re: list of cars for CMP spring 2010?

The Eagle Racing Talon will be there.

The Swede Sixteen Volvo will definitely be there.  I counted around 90 entries on the registration site..

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

At last count there were 90 teams listed, but said list doesn't show the car make/model.  Is that info even available anywhere?  If so I've never seen it.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

5 (edited by Jer 2010-05-19 08:04 AM)

Sometimes one of the official dudes makes the list public.  Oh, and we are bringing (gulp) the Craptation.

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Sometimes one of the official dudes makes the list public.  Oh, and we are bringing (gulp) the Craptation.

So, 89 total cars and one maybe wink

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

ecugrad wrote:
Jer wrote:

So, 89 total cars and one maybe wink

Oh no, we'll be there.  We should get at least one lap on track too.  What happens after that, is anyones guess.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Oh no, we'll be there.  We should get at least one lap on track too.  What happens after that, is anyones guess.

I think Rob has forgotten about the need to drive the few blocks in the BS parade on Friday nite.  Remember this the car that had to be push started several times during the parade laps at Stafford.  ;-)

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

I thought we talked about this, and we're not going to use up precious run time in the parade.  We need to be pushing this car along, either with the truck or by hand. 

Also, short stints to make sure everyone gets a turn.  Say, 3 hot laps and bring it in, let it cool down and change drivers.  tongue

Such little faith in early-80s (that is to say, late-60s) General Motors technology!

Hey, when it wasn't getting crashed & burned the Cavalier was reasonably quick- but you need an ex-GM engineer on your team to do all the workarounds that make those fine cars the envy of the circuit...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

Well on the team there is an accountant, a data modeler, an electrical engineer, and I don't even know what our last member does for money.   Not a single current or ex - GM Engineer (or even mechanic) in the bunch.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

Judge Phil wrote:

Such little faith in early-80s (that is to say, late-60s) General Motors technology!

Hey!  We have early 2000's (that is to say, late-60's) General Motors technology in the powerplant!

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

RobL wrote:

Well on the team there is an accountant, a data modeler, an electrical engineer, and I don't even know what our last member does for money.   Not a single current or ex - GM Engineer (or even mechanic) in the bunch.

Hey Rob,

I'll be more than happy to help ya wrench if you let me take a few laps in the the craptation! smile

Chris

Blacksheep Racing's 300ZXt will not be there. 

This is the first race we will have missed at CMP and we are bummed.  Hope you guys have fun and will be checking all weekend for updates.

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Hey Rob,

I'll be more than happy to help ya wrench if you let me take a few laps in the the craptation! smile

Chris

I'm not running this team.  You'll have to talk to Jer about that.  But not being GM engineers, we all had to work 2-3x as hard to get the car where it is so that's a lot of sweat equity in the car and I'm sure the guys want as much seat time as we can get.

RobL wrote:

not being GM engineers, we all had to work 2-3x as hard to get the car where it is

That thinking might work if GM engineers actually did any work, but you know 2x zero is still zero. :^)

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

oneday wrote:
RobL wrote:

not being GM engineers, we all had to work 2-3x as hard to get the car where it is

That thinking might work if GM engineers actually did any work, but you know 2x zero is still zero. :^)

Actually the GM Performance Division had a bunch of people working thier asses off and creating a performance minded brand.  Thier performance and appearance parts were getting popular and so, of course, GM shut down the division.