Topic: Why isn't Lemons on TV?

I'm being serious.  It's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than "pinks" or other various garbage.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

Re: Why isn't Lemons on TV?

Simple. No money in it. Besides, TV is a waste of time!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Calling Mike Rowe...

Good Luck Everybody Else Racing. Yes, we have a fan page.

Wouldn't it be great if all the Lemons races were covered like the the pro events?

I think people would watch.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

It's on Youtube. That's better than TV.

Because then companies would be wanting us to paint our cars all silly and Joe Nobody would want to participate.

....... Wait a minute.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

Because then companies would be wanting us to paint our cars all silly and Joe Nobody would want to participate.

....... Wait a minute.

yeah, wait a minute. i AM joe nobody.  really.....

I say no TV they are only interested in ratings. YouTube is the way to go.

I think there is a Youtube channel for our videos. Or is it a group? Anyway, there is a 24 Hours group on Vimeo. If you upload videos there, join and then add to it that group.

There is/was live coverage of the race that just finished via Track Geeks.

the only sponsors that have shown interest so far have been Harbor Freight and JB Weld.  Unfortunately, those firms don't have the advertising budget to buy TV ad time.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

the car mags have all attended and some still race....we have our own "press" types that are still active....

I personally think its PERFECT for a Top Gear "challenge"....they all come here with $500 and find a crap can...then build it and race it....what could possibly go wrong...  Clarkson would get some V8 monster motor thing I'd guess yank tank, Capt Slow would get an econobox (and probably win) and Hammond would get something tiny....mini cooper maybe...I think it would make a great top gear episode.....perfect for their antics

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

each team would need 4 drivers, which would mean they'd do better being all one team, along with the stig.

They should bring the diesel bimmer, then BS can slap them with 1939 penalty laps for being british in a german car.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Doug I wrote:

and they can only do some of the CMP races b/c they pay for the broadcasts out of pocket, and that stuff ain't cheap.  so if you want to see more live webcasts, throw some cash their way.  info@trackgeeks.com

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Lemons should only be on TV if the TV producers have absolutely NO say in what happens. They´d have to present it as a documentary of fun and antics and be put in their place if they try to do anything more.

Buzz Killington wrote:
Doug I wrote:

and they can only do some of the CMP races b/c they pay for the broadcasts out of pocket, and that stuff ain't cheap.  so if you want to see more live webcasts, throw some cash their way.  info@trackgeeks.com

and those guys did an excellent job !!!  Live in car, yes - in car coverage, commentary and interactive coverage of various car #'s, pip views ..... all for Lemons

Akaishi wrote:

They should bring the diesel bimmer, then BS can slap them with 1939 penalty laps for being british in a german car.

The "Talk To James May About The War" would make a great penalty...

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

18 (edited by bikesandcars 2010-05-28 11:19 AM)

Why?  Why is no motor racing besides NASCAR on TV?  It's because for all their good old boy niceity those that own NASCAR are pricks, and since they have bought "SPEED" nothing airs but NASCAR S#$%

This stuff would have been on 1995 speed vision no problem. 

The problem isn't that there's no money in it, how much money is in all those crap reality shows on all those un-watched cable channels.  The problem is that there isn't enough money for the big channels, and NASCAR either owns reaches out to the channels that might run autosports besides NASCAR and crushes it

Remember when CART was in the news and you knew all the drivers?  Michael andretti was a family name?  those days are OVER replaced with boring circle-track drivvel in the theme of a WWF show with lower intelligence commentary. 

Besides, who wants Lemons to get famous?  It would totally ruin the event.  It would do nothing but attract money (which corrupts organizers) and famous drivers (Who needs Kyle Bush stealing one more ride from budding amateur driver just to get more track time). 

I say keep it underground.  The Capitol Offense race this year had 100 applicants...do we need more?

icemang17 wrote:

the car mags have all attended and some still race....we have our own "press" types that are still active....

I personally think its PERFECT for a Top Gear "challenge"....they all come here with $500 and find a crap can...then build it and race it....what could possibly go wrong...  Clarkson would get some V8 monster motor thing I'd guess yank tank, Capt Slow would get an econobox (and probably win) and Hammond would get something tiny....mini cooper maybe...I think it would make a great top gear episode.....perfect for their antics

They did a regular endurance race before, 4 to the team.  I think it would be great if they were all on one team.

It allows them several show-theme opportunities
1) Allows them to bash on Americans
2) Allows them to work on a junk car for a challenge
3) allows them to make fun of "Captain Slow"
4) allows them to highlight STIG's abilities
5) Allows them to bash on Americans.

actually i think a network like discovery or TNN that does all the watchable-but-can-get-boring stuff like Ax Men, Swamp Loggers, Mad House, Ice Road Truckers, Most Dangerous Catch, etc. would latch onto something like this. They could do segments from different teams just like Most dangerous catch, where they just bounce around from team to team (probably the more notable ones like STS, Eyesores, Evil Genius, Police Brutality, etc) and there are enough small but noteworty teams out there to keep them up to their armpits in material for at least 2-3 seasons. Basically don't just air the race(s) but the trials and tribulations of the teams. yeah yeah Mad House already does that but seriously, after about 3 eps of team X being whiney so-and-sos, team Y blowing up # engines then complaining about more money to rebuild one motor than most of us use for a whole season of Lemons races...i think we could do better by default.

21 (edited by djcommie 2010-05-29 11:26 AM)

A season of a scripted reality show would probably be the death-knell of Lemons. Its simultaneous exposure of a skewed variant of its antics with the added delay in taping to showing would probably not be in the best interests of people involved.

It'd create another group of people screaming it sold out, how they were 'keeping it real' before the cameras appeared, then wanted to be in the limelight.

That and Mr. Lamm seems to have plenty of media coverage given what the Lemons HQ also houses tongue

edit: not to mention the 'let's create drama shit' reality shows do, ugh.

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

It would be TEN times better than the stupid show Madhouse on history channel!!  You know...  Lemons is Closer to " Stock Car" racing than nascar.    We blow up EVERY TIME!  and every time a bunch of Lemons racers jump in and help us fix our junky mustang.  We love the people and atmosphere, TV would ruin it by bringing douche bags wanting air time.   

mp

#84 FusterCluck Mustang

I can't see anyone in this series sticking to any script they are handed. From what I've seen at the track and read here, the ad lib dialog would be much better anyway.

Reality shows are much more scripted than you think. I know first hand because I work on one.

We have been wanting to cover the truth of our event and not add artificial drama. There is plenty of that already with what we do at the track.

BUT as with everything entertainment the producers think that more is better. What you would get is the producers that know NOTHING about racing running around telling you how angry you should be because your car broke or because someone bumped you on the track. Its their job to stir the pot and make something happen that is sensational.

Trust me on this.. Reality TV is not nearly as real as it seems and nowhere as real as what we do to be a part of Lemons.

I am NOT for putting us schmucks on TV.  It would ruin our sport.  That said, who said anything about a reality show?  We don't need another Pinks, Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, or Swamp Loggers.  What we need is more real racing coverage like what Speed VISION and the old Nashville Network used to air.  Australian Jet Boats, British/German/Australian Touring Car Racing and even Swamp Buggy Racing were great.  Racing and "reality" TV should not be mixed.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584