Topic: Congrats, STS!

Congrats on a well-deserved IoE win for nursing the Craptation through a whole weekend of racing!

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

2 (edited by Serj 2010-05-23 11:17 PM)

Re: Congrats, STS!

will there be video?

EDIT: yes congrats!

Congrats!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Serj wrote:

will there be video?

EDIT: yes congrats!

Thanks!

and of course!  I have all of day 2 and some of day 1 until the battery in the camera ran out (since the car wasn't running and running the inverter). 

I'm going to find the most bone head stupid move I ever did in a racecar and post that first - testosterone poisoning at its worst.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Seriously, Super Troopers ran a perfect race.  You just can't beat that.  Hats off to them.  Great guys, great win! 

I'd also like to apologize to the other teams for our car on Sunday.  We really were not intentionally parking it in 12, 13 and 14.  Our car would not stay in gear most of the Sunday afternoon session.

What a great weekend!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

STS = Schumacher Taxi Service

You know - the REAL winners of the race.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:

Ughhhh, I am still dead tired from the weekend.  Congrats to you guys too.  That Craptation was hard to pass wink

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

RobL wrote:

Your guys did great great job Rob (nice to meet you BTW) with a well deseved IOE win.  The Craptation was not an easy car to pass for sure.

BTW, I'm still not a fan of how it seems the OA winner gets "pushed to the back burner" (so to speak) during the awards...kind of like that effort was no big deal.  The Super Troopers ran a perfect penalty free race and were super nice guys to boot.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Nice to meet you too!

The Super Troopers ran a great race for sure.  Congrats!

I want to apologize if you were racing me in the last hour.  I had no brakes, NO BRAKES, and was using up all the track trying to maintain a decent speed and stay on the pavement.  I tried to give point bys where possible, but if I chopped you, I'm sorry.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Great job guys!  We were trying to watch the streaming video in the shop all weekend but were rarely able to pull out heads out of the car to see anything.  Very glad to see you pulled it off, you've worked hard for it!

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Jer wrote:

I want to apologize if you were racing me in the last hour.  I had no brakes, NO BRAKES, and was using up all the track trying to maintain a decent speed and stay on the pavement.  I tried to give point bys where possible, but if I chopped you, I'm sorry.

I raced the first two hours in our car on Sunday (against Rob I think) and when I say it was hard to pass I meant that as a compliment.  The Craptation car was not slow by any means.

In my experience after 5 races at CMP, all the STS guys are good to race against and are very courteous on track.  You never have to worry about those guys banging up your sheet metal.

Captain

Yep, that was me in the car Sunday morning.  I would race for a few laps and then have to back off to let the brakes cool off.

getting a citation through 24 hours is certainly worthy of IOE.  Congrats to the taxi drivers.

And #44 was fast as hell out there.  If they come to summit, would probably be a favorite.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Yes, congrats to Super Troopers for the race win. 

And sorry for trying to cart off your nickels.  Really, they told us to take them.  LOL!

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

No sweat on the nickels, John ... We knew you guys were innocent.  We saw the judges pointing and giggling, though.

Great race to all - congrats to all ... can't wait to go back in the fall, (hey - that rhymes!)

============================
Trooper Beas - Super Troopers Racing

Big Tuna - Road Warrior Racing
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

congrats guys!!! It is always entertaining to be pitted next to you guys!!!

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

18 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-05-24 03:52 PM)

really wish i could've made it to this one; really glad i didn't have to drive that damn thing. smile

VKZ24 wrote:

In my experience after 5 races at CMP, all the STS guys are good to race against and are very courteous on track.  You never have to worry about those guys banging up your sheet metal.

that's a really nice compliment; thanks.

our own sheetmetal is another story.  wink

12+-time loser

19 (edited by RobL 2010-05-24 04:02 PM)

Buzz Killington wrote:

our own sheetmetal is another story.  wink

One cannot start a Lemons race with a completely intact car. 

(Long story short is that one of our drivers is a bonehead and got himself hit by another car in our first race.  So the next race, when he fielded his own car, I took a sledge on a full swing to his door.  And doing that to our cars to Christen them before their first race has become a Schumacher Taxi tradition)

i forgot the Audi used to look that clean.  it's aged, uh, poorly.

12+-time loser

Super Troopers, Magnum PU, and everyone else on the track this weekend, IT WAS A BLAST!!!! I really expected a lot more full course cautions with that many cars on the track, but it seems that the quality of "not-wrecking" has improved so much since last fall's race.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Mick25 wrote:

Super Troopers, Magnum PU, and everyone else on the track this weekend, IT WAS A BLAST!!!! I really expected a lot more full course cautions with that many cars on the track, but it seems that the quality of "not-wrecking" has improved so much since last fall's race.

I received a lot of point-bys and really appreciated them since were were racing for the win on Sunday.  We had nothing for the Super Troopers, but at least wanted to stay ahead of the 3rd place car and not getting held up or blocked was appreciated.

Captain

one of the nice things about seeing a lot of the same teams at a given race is that you get to know who you can trust and who will do you right on track.  CMP always seems to have a lot of those teams...it's always good, hard, clean racing.

12+-time loser

Buzz Killington wrote:

one of the nice things about seeing a lot of the same teams at a given race is that you get to know who you can trust and who will do you right on track.  CMP always seems to have a lot of those teams...it's always good, hard, clean racing.

X2.  You never know what driver is in what car is the only downside.  You can tell your teammates "Watch out for car 'X' he's a prick", but then you find out the next driver was pretty cool.  Fortunately some (like you STS guys) always seem to have a whole team of courteous folks.

BTW, Johnny and Phil...can we get a BF count for the weekend when you get a chance?  I'd like to know how we compare to the boyz out West.

Captain

I only ran across two drivers that pissed me off this entire weekend, one was in the green (nearly cursed) car and another in a Toyota and I'm not going to name the car because that car also had curteous drivers.  That was it.  Everyone else was awesome as usuaul.  Hard racers, but clean and fair racers.  Much appreciated!!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)