Re: Congrats, STS!

Jer wrote:

I only ran across two drivers that pissed me off this entire weekend, one was in the green (nearly cursed) car and another in a Toyota and I'm not going to name the car because that car also had curteous drivers.  That was it.  Everyone else was awesome as usuaul.  Hard racers, but clean and fair racers.  Much appreciated!!

I don't mind naming cars, but will also point out that like you said they had good and bad drivers at different times.

During the first stint on Saturday I could see the Pinto literally watching me in his mirror and blocking me all around the track.  I was saying to myself "Really, you are blocking me in the first hour of an two day endurance race?".  Our car was faster, so that fact plus a little help from traffic and I got by him no problem.  On Sunday I started first again and the same car gave me a point-by and was cool the whole time I was out there.  Different driver if I had ti wager a guess.

I usually don't get too pissed unless a car does the same sh*t lap after lap.  If they cut me off in one corner (as long as I can avoid the contact) I just let it slide.  I mean it's a race and I can't say that I have never done that myself.  However if they do it lap after lap then I make a mental note and warn my teammates to steer clear.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

27 (edited by Jer 2010-05-25 05:23 AM)

I want to add that I had a 30 minute dogfight with the purple #4 Dodge Omni in the rain that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I think we swapped spots a dozen times and mutual thumbs up as I came off the track.  We were both clean, aggressive but clean, and it doesn't get any better than that.  THAT is the biggest reason I do this, man that was fun.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

I want to add that I had a 30 minute dogfight with the purple #4 Dodge Omni in the rain that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I think we swapped spots a dozen times and mutual thumbs up as I came off the track.  We were both clean, aggressive but clean, and it doesn't get any better than that.  THAT is the biggest reason I do this, man that was fun.

Yeah, that Purple Dodge didn't suck and raced hard and clean ALL weekend.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Yep it is amazing how different some drivers can be on the same team.  I WON'T name names but there was one team that was much slower than me and was quite good with the passes on my first stint on Saturday but then when I drove the last two hours on Saturday they were horrible.  Would not let me pass and I even was behind them one time going into one and they hogged the MIDDLE of the track pushing another slower car almost off.  I think everyone should have a team come to Jesus meeting and find out if some of your drivers are pricks.  One bad driver could make you peoples curse.

Bottom line is you if you can't compete with a faster car, let him by and then you can concentrate on catching the one's you can compete with.  Maybe it would be better if we had different classes like in Rolex or Lemans so people are just worried about beating the guys in their class.  Anyway pisses me off .

I want to live or die trying.

Congrats to Super Troopers well deserved OA win. You guys ran a great race all week end! I will run our team with you guys again any time, any where. Please pat everyone on the back for me. Also, Congrats to STS  for their IoE win. Well deserved! Magnum PU, We had you in our sights, but you out gunned us. Great second place finish! (how'd you keep them Honda head gaskets on?) Thanks to everyone that ran this weekend. I am proud of each and every one of the participants, CMP track management, town of Camden, and all of the Lemons crew that puts this thing together (and keeps doing it again and again)! I did not see anything other than good hard racing, and that's the way we do it in the South. Anybody that wants to see racing done right needs to come on over to the South and try it out for themselves. Great Job Everyone!!!

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed wrote:

Magnum PU, We had you in our sights, but you out gunned us. Great second place finish! (how'd you keep them Honda head gaskets on?)

You guys were faster overall, but the reason you were catching us so fast at the end was because we basically lost the use of 2nd gear the last two hours. A 2.0L Honda w/o 2nd gear is a dog in EVERY corner at CMP. sad

We keep the head gasket on by doing the exact opposite of anything the Duff Beer guys do.  :)Leave it the f*ck alone and drive it.  Keeping the car cool helps too.  Overheating = warped head = blown head gasket.  We don't know how the car lived before we bought it (235,000 on the clock) but since we have raced it (that was it's 5th race including one 24 hour one) it has never even been over 200 degrees.

Captain

did I piss anyone off?
I drove a Toyota. I hope I didn't. I have yet to get a black flag, ever, and hope to keep it that way.
I know we had two black flags for getting in the way of other cars that had lost control. M2M.

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Bill Strong wrote:

did I piss anyone off?
I drove a Toyota. I hope I didn't. I have yet to get a black flag, ever, and hope to keep it that way.
I know we had two black flags for getting in the way of other cars that had lost control. M2M.

Yes you did!  You suck Bill! smile  I think you and I were both out at the same times and we both raced clean.

Also thanks to you for having brake lights you can actually SEE.  We have FOUR LED style (two high, two in the stock location) so there is no doubt they will be seen.  E-Speed...I know your one little stock 3rd brake light is legal, but it sucks IMO.  The only one worse was the CV that used trailer PARKING lights for theirs.  Parking lights don't have the bright filament on purpose...duh!

Captain

I know I pissed someone off.  I'm looking through my video for it...  I'm sorry!

I was in the right hander going onto the back straight and almost tracked out into someone.  I heard the squeal of tire lockup and then the dull thump of sheet metal contact as this car and the one behind them got together.  I saw you there in the corner before and then had a brain fart 5 seconds later.  Again - Sorry!

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

35 (edited by Jer 2010-05-25 08:46 AM)

Not the MR2.  No issues with you guys, had fun trying to stsy ahead of you (and succeeded).  smile

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Not the MR2.  No issues with you guys, had fun trying to stsy ahead of you (and succeeded).  smile

We screwed up by going with the smaller tires the second day. It really fucked our gearing up. Also wore my right arm out shifting. Need to hit the weights now.

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

VKZ24 wrote:

E-Speed...I know your one little stock 3rd brake light is legal, but it sucks IMO.

Actually, we had 7 brake lights on the top and the 3rd brake light for a total of 8 brake lights. When it started to rain, they BF'ed us and told us that everybody thought it was a real wrecker coming up behind them. We were told kindly to unplug all of the brake lights on top. Sunday, I got special permission to hook 2 of the lights back up, so we had 3. I would have enjoyed seeing and watching one of the real Chevy wreckers that could have pulled up and passed any of the race cars in the rain.

E-Speed wrote:

Sunday, I got special permission to hook 2 of the lights back up, so we had 3.

Are you sure? Here is evidence to the contrary taken right after the start on Sunday.  Screen capture from the video...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/VKZ24/MISC/tow_mater.jpg

This was before the sun came out too.

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:

Are you sure? Here is evidence to the contrary taken right after the start on Sunday.

Yep. They were still unhooked on Sunday morning. I wired in two of them during quite hour.

VKZ24 wrote:

Screen capture from the video...

I'd like to see some video, you got any good stuff?

E-Speed wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Screen capture from the video...

I'd like to see some video, you got any good stuff?

Yes I have plenty, but unlike Rob I can't seem to find the time to cut it up.  I'll let you know when I do.

Captain

E-Speed wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Are you sure? Here is evidence to the contrary taken right after the start on Sunday.

Yep. They were still unhooked on Sunday morning. I wired in two of them during quite hour.

Ah, OK.  I could only speak to what it looked like when I was out there, and I knew if you had more than that little light I would surely have noticed.  Since you hooked up more at lunch I assume you agree that one tiny light wasn't enough either?

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:

Since you hooked up more at lunch I assume you agree that one tiny light wasn't enough either?

Yep. We wanted more than one, but we also wanted to compliy with race contol. It's all a balancing act.

dang, I'm getting pretty sad I missed this one sad

Nice win guys!  Rob, I'll seeya at summit man we gotta swap beers and cooked dead thing

Serj wrote:

Nice win guys!  Rob, I'll seeya at summit man we gotta swap beers and cooked dead thing

Is it what we talked about?

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:
Serj wrote:

Is it what we talked about?

I think I might be able to make it happen. You thinkin Traditional or BBQ ? big_smile

We can do BBQ, don't go out of your way.

Great job and congrats, STS guys... Thanks for letting us borrow a thing or two during our tranny swap & for being generally awesome neighbors.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

Bill Strong wrote:
Jer wrote:

We screwed up by going with the smaller tires the second day. It really fucked our gearing up. Also wore my right arm out shifting. Need to hit the weights now.

I hear that.  we would not have had a good time on 14s.  If we ever run the car again, it would be on 16s to improve the gearing.   Not that we're going to run it again...

vinzclortho wrote:

Great job and congrats, STS guys... Thanks for letting us borrow a thing or two during our tranny swap & for being generally awesome neighbors.

You're welcome!!  I'm happy to report that everything borrowed by eveyone was returned.  well, except maybe a 10MM wrench.  Not sure where that wound up.   And no, not in the sidewall of another car!  big_smile