Topic: Changing/Adding Team Members + Friends and Family in the Paddock

Preparing for my first race, Lemons New England.  We are wondering about the rules governing changes and additions (or subtractions) of team members after fees are paid but before the database is locked down prior to the start of the race (which I understand happens for insurance/planning purposes). Basically, we still need a driver and I haven't been able to get one member's info and won't be able to until after the deadline for payment. Is it better to put stand-in information (like my girlfriend's? she won't be driving) in there and then change it later?

Also, I am wondering about rules regarding friends and family in the paddock.  Is paddock access limited to team members and paying spectators, or can I get a couple of my friends and family members in for free to hang out?

Thanks yous guys. And sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Re: Changing/Adding Team Members + Friends and Family in the Paddock

Fauxhemian wrote:

can I get a couple of my friends and family members in for free to hang out?

Free?  You are kidding right?  No way unless they sneak under the fence.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Fauxhemian wrote:

Preparing for my first race, Lemons New England.  We are wondering about the rules governing changes and additions (or subtractions) of team members after fees are paid but before the database is locked down prior to the start of the race (which I understand happens for insurance/planning purposes). Basically, we still need a driver and I haven't been able to get one member's info and won't be able to until after the deadline for payment. Is it better to put stand-in information (like my girlfriend's? she won't be driving) in there and then change it later?

Also, I am wondering about rules regarding friends and family in the paddock.  Is paddock access limited to team members and paying spectators, or can I get a couple of my friends and family members in for free to hang out?

Thanks yous guys. And sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Friends and family  = Spectators, they pay $30 at the gate for a weekend pass.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Pack them in your trunk and find a way to get black market bracelets...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

To answer your question about the paddock, everyone pays to get in.  Once they pay to get in (as noted, $30 for the weekend for spectators), everything is open access (there is no distinction between access for drivers, crew, or spectators).   We had a bunch of friends and family come to the race and it just added to the fun, so I would highly encourage it.

Maybe someone else can address your question about place-holding.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

On one occasion I was able to change drivers between acceptance and the time the data base closed.  I just made the change on the website entry form.  No one said anything to me and it worked.

On another occasion a driver bailed on me at the last second (after the database was closed).    I emailed Nick and asked permission to change drivers.  He said it would be okay but that I had to let them know at the the track when I showed up.

The fee for the first driver was transferrable to the replacement driver.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”