Topic: Driver hydration--what's allowed?

Since we're staring at triple digit heat for the weekend, what the rules govering driver hydration? Will Camelbaks be allowed, provided they are mounted securely? Water bottles in metal holders? Sippy cups?

TIA.

Re: Driver hydration--what's allowed?

We use a camelbak every race. I would never get in a car without some kind of drinking system!

3 (edited by TeamDFL 2010-06-02 07:41 PM)

We put hydration bladders in a mylar/bubble wrap sack hung from the harness bar behind the driver seat.  I believe the bag was attached to the diagonal as well to minimize swing.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, I now consider a cool suit system to be mandatory safety equipment.  It is as important as hydration.  My home made shirt worked well enough with our home made cooler and pump that I turned the system off occasionally in 90deg weather.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

water bottles with a hole drilled in the lid for a flexi-straw.  we have a lemonaede pitcher bolted to the passenger side floor to keep them in place.  we also use a camelback set-up.  both work fine as i can usually only grab water during a caution no matter what the system employed.

cool suit is a must IMO also.  be careful with the construction, our cooler leaked and earned us two black flags for leaking fluid.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

It was hot as hell at Stafford last year and we all brought camelbaks and strapped them to the roll cage, worked great, just have to make sure to route the straw so it doesn't fall out or you're SOL if it is too far to reach.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

We're installing an iced keg of Yuengling Lager into the rear passenger compartment.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

We're installing an iced keg of Yuengling Lager into the rear passenger compartment.

+1

250 GTO

We opted to leave the A/C operational.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

9 (edited by robertm 2010-06-03 09:13 AM)

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

That's cheating!!  You are supposed to be hot and miserable and on the verge of passing out.  How else will you know you're having the time of your life??

Team Operation

LEAVE it operational? Dude, when I buy road cars the aircon never works. That means your Lemon is better than my road cars. WTF?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

LEAVE it operational? Dude, when I buy road cars the aircon never works. That means your Lemon is better than my road cars. WTF?

If it makes you feel better, it wouldnt run, was missing body parts, and once it ran it wouldnt drive due to a toasted clutch. Oh yeah and it has a lost title and keys...

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs