Topic: Love the new site design

Not sure what anyone else thinks, but I really like the new webpage.  Good job Jay.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Love the new site design

Overall good but forum text is almost unreadable on a 1920x 1200 screen

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

JThw8 wrote:

Very true.  Need to do something about that.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Yes I like the new look very much!

I was going to comment that the image map isn't accessible, but then I started to wonder how many blind drivers really race in Lemons anyway.

Teensy weensy font is almost unreadable...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I can't read it either (but mayhaps that's good at times!)

JThw8 wrote:

BINGO... FIX IT MODZ!!!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

CTRL + thumbwheel up or down

vwdmc16 wrote:

CTRL + thumbwheel up or down

Doesn't work on IE6 and before you laugh at me, I have no choice on my work computer.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

10 (edited by Mcloed 2010-06-04 04:44 AM)

I love the new site layout. 

IE6 is no longer supported by a ton of site.  Your work needs to keep up.

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Yeah, no shit, but it's one of the largest companies in the world, so I doubt they care if I can read this site without squinting.  Hint... they make the P71.

'74 260Z

I'm having the same issue here as well. If I check the forum out from work I have to twist my head sideways, stick my tongue out, and roll my eyes to the heft to read the font.  Maybe it'll get better in 4 years when IT upgrades to IE6.  >:)

MODS PLEASE!!! USE A DIFFERENT FONT!!!   PLEASE!!!?!?!?!!

Hell, I'm not even sure what I just typed.  ,.|..  hey that one looks good!

replace all the forum text with comic sans bold smile

Can you not increase the text size at all in IE6?  Isn't there a drop down menu for that?  Like View >> Text Size?  Or does that not work?

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Yeah, no shit, but it's one of the largest companies in the world, so I doubt they care if I can read this site without squinting.  Hint... they make the P71.

You aren't alone.  I work at two different hospitals, and both places still use IE6.  Why?  Anything 'new' is considered a HIPPA (health care privacy protection stuff) risk.  And new = more recent than 2008.  Bleh!  The last three times I've strolled over to the forums, I've been at work.  So tiny.  Unreadable!  I even found the option for increasing text size... which didn't help.

I was so pleased that the site was easily viewable on my MacBook Pro.  Then again, at home I have a 'real' computer with a 'real' network and 'real' viewing options.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

I work at two different hospitals, and both places still use IE6.  Why?  Anything 'new' is considered a HIPPA (health care privacy protection stuff) risk.

Unsubstantiated bullshit. IE6 is the security and privacy risk of the century.

They're using it as a cover for the fact that they dropped millions of dollars on some bullshit piece of software (typically billing-related) that breaks horribly if you don't use IE6.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

17 (edited by doctawife 2010-06-04 08:20 AM)

EyeMWing wrote:
doctawife wrote:

I work at two different hospitals, and both places still use IE6.  Why?  Anything 'new' is considered a HIPPA (health care privacy protection stuff) risk.

Unsubstantiated bullshit. IE6 is the security and privacy risk of the century.

They're using it as a cover for the fact that they dropped millions of dollars on some bullshit piece of software (typically billing-related) that breaks horribly if you don't use IE6.

Well, kinda sorta maybe yeah, but I can't say that out loud, can I?

Oh, and BTW, I repudiate the content of your post.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

18 (edited by gielamonster 2010-06-04 08:35 AM)

You IE sufferers could try this:

http://lifehacker.com/5387662/chrome-po … r-anywhere

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

It's not that IE6 is anything great from a security standpoint, it's that the big companies have been using it for years and have plugged all the holes.  Go to a new version and they need to pay IT a lot of money to tailor it for their needs.  The company load is very different than the retail versions.  They have nearly everything locked down.  We used Win98 until about four years ago and we will keep using XP for the next few years for the same reasons.

'74 260Z

Hello - I still cant read the forum on my laptop - the home machine is ok if I put the screen on 200% , but I cant do it on the laptop - what am i missing??

Have you emptied your cache?  The forum looks very much like it used to on my laptop, blackberry, and desktop with blue bars above each post, light blue in the post itself and a lighter blue to the left with the user information.

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"

Where's the "LIKE" and "DISLIKE" buttons?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"