Topic: North Dallas Hooptie - thanks to everyone (from some Newbies)

This was our first race participating and we had a blast. We had no expectation of finishing at all let alone in the top 20. Thanks to all the organizers and fellow participants.

I've got hours of video to sort through including visual proof that the ram air ghetto ac was working in the car (the Chief Perp had his doubts on Saturday).

We'll see you all in Houston (and maybe we'll have a shifter that doesn't take a crap every 4 hours so we can have reverse, 1st and 2nd when needed).

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco
2010 North Dallas Hooptie 18th, Yee Haw, It's Lemons Texas 61st

Re: North Dallas Hooptie - thanks to everyone (from some Newbies)

You guys did awesome. I was out there mid-day on Saturday and stayed around you guys on the track for most of my hour. We we in the #26 Mustang Wonder Bread car. It was a pretty even match up on most of the track.

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

It was fun to run with the Shake and Bake guys for all of us. You guys, the Alfa, the Wingnuts and a couple of others were all about the same speed as us and we sure had fun chasing all of you while staying out of the way of the whooshing by E30s and SHOs.

Unpimp Ze Lemon
1988 VW Scirocco
2010 North Dallas Hooptie 18th, Yee Haw, It's Lemons Texas 61st

just so you know, our E30 wasn't wooshing by anyone with no brakes all day sunday.
I did have a great time racing with you guys and I think i waved eveyone by on sunday in the last stint. by that time it was engine braking and locking up or coasting since our master cylinder had turned into an on/off switch.

It's a Miata, get him........