Topic: Skunk LeCar IOE Winner....now what?

Having accomplished our goal of taking home an IOE trophy (and a big fat $1501 check) in the fabulous chick magnet, skunk themed Renault LeCar, we are now asking ourselves, "what next?"  We really don't feel that we should show up at another race as the track road block, so we are now taking votes on what to do to it next.  Here are some options we've been kicking around.

A. Add a ridiculous ghetto turbo, (and certainly watch the whole car burst into a monstrous ball of flames right out on the track)
B. Swap out the 55hp motor and tranny with something bigger (Caddilac Northstar FWD?? or???)
C. Buy another LeCar and have Pepe chasing Penelope around the track (although admittedly getting 2 LeCars on the track simultaneously would be nothing short of a mechanical phenomenon.)
D. Use it as a boat anchor.
E. ........please fill in your suggestion here.

Thank you to all those who have been supportive of our fine furry french friend.  Please help us decide what to do to Pepe next.

1982 Renault LeCar "Pepe"
2010 Gator-O-Rama rollover
2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE Winner!!

2 (edited by YesIFit 2010-06-08 07:26 AM)

Re: Skunk LeCar IOE Winner....now what?

R5 Turbo Replica...

http://jalopnik.com/5554998/for-32000-i … notre-dame

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I vote for ghettocharging and a ridiculous engine swap!

Do it Metrognome style, throw a busa motor in the hatch and make it a chain-driven RWD.

THEN, ghetto-charge that.

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

Skunkworks wrote:

Having accomplished our goal of taking home an IOE trophy (and a big fat $1501 check) ...We really don't feel that we should show up at another race as the track road block, .

While we're not blindingly fast in the 998cc mini, we certainly have a good time with our 58hp unit. It's done 3 Lemons and can hold it's own against the bottom 1/4 of the field.

That said, we are going turbo charged for it's 4th appearance, because nothing else screams two-time IOE winner more than a turbo charged cam-in-block, pushrod, under 1 liter British Leyland product... except maybe a turbo charged 4 cylinder sChitroen that already has cooling issues.

B.  But pick something equally interesting...that way you can contend for BOTH IOE and Overall. 

Three letters.....S      H      O.

Franco-American "Uh-Oh, Spaghetti-O's" theme?

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

tr6driver wrote:

B.  But pick something equally interesting...that way you can contend for BOTH IOE and Overall.

PRB our fearless leader has been pushing for a Toronado front end for a while now.

I vote A+B+C= E  You can do it !

It Ain't My Fault

I'd like to see Pepe return with the engine (any engine, really-- go nuts) dropped where the rear seats used to go, like with the mighty R5 Turbo.  How about a Group B skunk?

Okay. I just came back from the parts garden and am SO full of ideas for stupid crap.

Alfa Spyder swap (French car with an Italian engine? WHAT COULD GO WRONG?)
Or surrender to ze germans und swap in a Merc 500SL motor.
Or you could go all American Revolution and grab some chunk of Mopar iron (because GM and Ford are too cheap)

Or any V10/V12 you can find, really.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

11 (edited by Scud.Ig 2010-06-08 09:17 AM)

Mid engined SHO swap in Pepe
Mid engined Turbo MR2 swap in Penelope.

Let the chase begin!

edit:  all lady-team for Penelope.  Shouldn't be hard to accomplish if it's half the chick-magnet you claimed earlier big_smile

I vote for something turbine powered.  It's your very own skunkworks.

13 (edited by Skunkworks 2010-06-08 11:31 AM)

EyeMWing wrote:

Or surrender to ze germans und swap in a Merc 500SL motor.

We have been talking Mercedes since Renault and Daimler recently merged.

French car.

Diesel swap.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

French car.

Diesel swap.

And run the whole race on one tank of fuel.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

16 (edited by OverStimulated 2010-06-08 11:36 AM)

Woodstock wrote:

I vote A+B+C= D

There, fixed that for you...

Fiat X 1/9 engine swap........

250 GTO

RobL wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

French car.

Diesel swap.

And run the whole race on one tank of fuel.

Would we get extra points for running on Veggie Oil?

I saw a Cadillac STS one time with a second Northstar installed in the trunk.  That.  Only with a LeCar.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

20 (edited by Mulry 2010-06-08 12:25 PM)

Skunkworks wrote:

Would we get extra points for running on Veggie Oil?

Screw that -- run on used fry oil. Then the skunk will put out a distinctive odor as it circulates.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Supercharged GM 3800, in the back. And one in the front. Don't worry about the BS inspection- you show up with that setup and we'll wave you right through.

A skunk that smells.

Do it.

I nominate VW diesel motorset/transaxle in front, or rear, or better, both.  Where does y'alls car live?

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

I second the 3800SC x2 idea, I mean a 5 only weighs about as much as a box of kleenex, eh? 450 combined hp sounds just about right...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 146 races and counting.
5/24/24

mikespeed95 wrote:

A skunk that smells.

Do it.

I nominate VW diesel motorset/transaxle in front, or rear, or better, both.  Where does y'alls car live?

It's in Georgetown, TX. You think we can heat the fuel tank enough to fry French fries while we're racing?

What did y'all use to adhere the carpet to the car?