Topic: ok, i'm an idiot....

can someone point me to the revised "peoples curse" rules?
i don't like it that there isn't much danger in getting crushed anymore for the jackass drivers. most teams are too lazy, too hung over or just forget to vote for the curse, so it gets passed over.

It's a Miata, get him........

Re: ok, i'm an idiot....

I'd rather see it go away altogether. In its place just ban the car from the series. Let the team take it somewhere else to race or just for track days.

I think you still need to have the threat of the curse as this keeps more drivers in line.  If you take away the curse all together youo may end up with more agressive driving earlier in the race.  As it stands right now it seems like many teams are conservative during the first day and then go balls out on day 2 once they realize they aren't getting crushed.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

I'm with porkchops...

...that sounds odd.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

How about implementing a "racer's intervention"?  At any time if 33% of the teams decide they need to "intervene" and try to help you be a better driver/team, they should be able to confiscate your ride for the remainder of the event and take turns showing you how to drive it properly.  Give each team a bullseye sticker when they arrive....get a pile of bullseyes on your car and bring forth the intervention.  but don't worry.....the original team members still get to participate in all of the penalty celebrations...just a thought....

6 (edited by weaksauce 2010-06-09 01:50 PM)

i would still like an explanation of the rules. From what i understand, you have to have a majority vote (over 50%) of the ballots to get crushed now. Is that correct or am I mistaken?

I'd still like to see it put back into effect.  I think there are a few teams who have figured out that most people are either too nice or too lazy to vote to crush someone.

We vote every race because inevitablly, there is a team that drives like asshats.

It's a Miata, get him........

Majority yes. 50% is not always the majority.  Majority could be a lower number like 33% if there are other cars being voted.  This would spread the total number of votes over more "candidates" and lower the bar on said majority.

I admit, we forgot to vote at American Irony but we had 2 very deserving cars picked out and basically had it narrowed down to one...we just didn't vote.

Someone is gonna have to be a real prick to earn my vote.

The 0 944 at Eagles Canyon kinda pushed me off track which I figured they didn't see me.  Talking to a friend, he said they were hard to pass.  So maybe they intentionally pushed me to the outside.

The Nudists SHO would be a front runner for many teams for their crappy driving.  However they tend to be nice in the pits.  They came close to rubbing me the wrong way a few times at Eagles Canyon but they never actually hit the car this time.

Lastly, the Prancing Donkeys tend to drive aggressively and they did manage to hit me.  I'm not sure if they spun into my car or off of it.  I know they hit me but there was no obvious damage.  They packed it in early so they avoided any cursing coming their way.

These cars require a lot of safety gear and effort to build, especially now.  You will have to work pretty hard to earn my vote.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

A vote for "nobody" counts, and an uncast vote counts as a vote for "nobody".  If "nobody" gets more than 50% of the vote, then "nobody" gets cursed.  So, I think the rule is that it takes a "majority" vote to get the curse.  If 67% of the drivers voted and their vote was split 33%/34%, then a team could get the curse with 34% of the vote. ("nobody" would be out of contention with only 33%)

I think the old school curse had a good run, and it was needed back in the day.  Seems like most of the teams that are curse-worthy these days usually end up black-flagged into oblivion and/or removed from the race by the Supreme Court. 

Having been witness to the awesomely-themed Porsche that totally didn't deserve the curse in ANY way get Cash For Clunkered at Nelson Ledges, I fully support the current rule.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

TJenkins121 wrote:

How about implementing a "racer's intervention"?  At any time if 33% of the teams decide they need to "intervene" and try to help you be a better driver/team, they should be able to confiscate your ride for the remainder of the event and take turns showing you how to drive it properly.  Give each team a bullseye sticker when they arrive....get a pile of bullseyes on your car and bring forth the intervention.  but don't worry.....the original team members still get to participate in all of the penalty celebrations...just a thought....

No way I'd be for that. What happens if they wreck the car?  Or even worse, what happens if they wreck the car and get hurt?  Lawsuit anyone?  Or what if they break my $1100 seat or $350 harness?

quality = safety = costly aside, the general rule has always been "don't bring what you can't stand losing".

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Akaishi wrote:

quality = safety = costly aside, the general rule has always been "don't bring what you can't stand losing".

+1

13 (edited by YesIFit 2010-06-10 06:29 AM)

Akaishi wrote:

I'm usually in agreement with that statement. If I, or one of my teammates, wrecks the car, then I'm ok with that. If we drive like asshats and get the curse, I'm ok with that as well. (b/c we'd have to REALLY earn it!)

But handing over our car to someone else and letting him/her turn laps in it? Using the car we built, the fuel/tires/brakes/seat time etc., that we paid for? Giving them the possibility of looping it, breaking it, wrecking it? Not so much. And, as was said previously, the liability factor is waaaaay too high. Of course, that's just my $.02. YMMV.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama