Topic: Who's still Wrenching for Summit?

It's down to the wire guys, this is the Last work weekend to hide those Eibachs or chew up all 6ft of bubbletape for that head gasket replacement(depending on which direction you approach from). Who all's still pounding away at it? what needs to get done? Over in the ' Track Pillagerz! ' camp:

-Brake Pads (i swear everytime i order they keep the invoice on the shelf for 2 weeks before working on it)
-Brake Discs (was waiting for pads to show)
-concoct baksheesh
-beg penske to comp our truck/trailer in exchange for his own personal Lemons team (I think roger never checks his email)
-????
-Try to break even(PROFIT???)

Re: Who's still Wrenching for Summit?

I drove our Lemons to work today! It has historic plates. So, about the only things remaining on our beast of an E30 is to add some dryer duct work for rotor cooling and maybe remove our thermostat. Really, though we have been ready for about a week now. I plan to drive our Lemons car to the track Friday morning.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

We're in surprisingly good shape considering how long the car was at the cage builder.  Finishing up a few decorations and a very small amount of wrenching to do.  The majority of the upcoming week will be logistics and making sure we're stocked for the weekend.  I do know we've arranged for the kegs. big_smile

Fissure Brothers Racing
2010 Capitol Offense Rookies

Cage is 1/2 way done, seat is still not mounted, RR caliper needs install, cutoff switch needs to be wired, paint not done, tires not mounted, removeable steering wheel and mech. sitting in trunk, fans need to be wired, and I'm forgetting about a half dozen things.

So things are going great.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

STC, let me know if you guys need help with the cage. 

Our car isn't running with an unknown electrical and/or vacuum leak. We need tires mounted and a couple of little things but overall in good shape.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

STC, let me know if you guys need help with the cage. 

Our car isn't running with an unknown electrical and/or vacuum leak. We need tires mounted and a couple of little things but overall in good shape.

Thanks Rob,

Hopefully, we'll be done Saturday evening

This is a new driver (to the team) who's getting the welding done.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

7 (edited by Doug I 2010-06-11 08:44 AM)

We're ..... waiting for raceday and waiting for the Team to fly and drive into Washington.

This weekend we'll be discussing the menu.

I've checked my passport and tickets ..... sitting here waiting for Wednesday.

We'll have a welder and generator on site - and a couple of guys who know how to use it, so if anyone needs the use of it - swing on by our pit

we are all set and even attending a local autocross to shakedown the car....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

porkchops22 wrote:

we are all set and even attending a local autocross to shakedown the car....

shhh....you'll jinx us or give our secrets <mwuahaha>

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

We are ready, but how ready is anyone's guess.  With the recent significant lack of success we've had in the coROLLa (a total of 6 hours of track time in three races), we treasure each lap and stint.  First goal: get everyone a stint.  Once tha'ts done, we can set loftier goals.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

We are ready, but how ready is anyone's guess.  With the recent significant lack of success we've had in the coROLLa (a total of 6 hours of track time in three races), we treasure each lap and stint.  First goal: get everyone a stint.  Once tha'ts done, we can set loftier goals.

Fantastic attitude! (I am not being sarcastic!) Our team has a similar attitude - we set our stints for Saturday and Sunday stints will be dependent on position at the end of Saturday. If not close to pay positions we will share Sunday with everyone getting 50 minutes or so. If we are close to a pay position, top 2 lap drivers of Saturday get to try to push the team to a trophy. (LOL, very unlikely as we have an E30 automatic, top speed maybe 80.)

Tonight: finish brake lines, install pads, bleed, mount harness, pad cage, change fuel filter &  find a way to protect radiator

Tomorrow: Theme application

Next week: Drinkin'

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

n0m4d wrote:

Tonight: Drinkin', finish brake lines, drinkin', install pads, bleed, mount harness, drinkin' some more, pad cage, change fuel filter &  find a way to protect radiator, still more drinkin'

Tomorrow: lots o'drinkin' Theme application

Next week: Drinkin' and fixin' everything we did the previous week that we messed up because we were also drinkin'

Adjusted for reality.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

I found out the ecu in our car is bad last night!! So the wire just got close for us!!! I think I am going to have to get a jumper harness and run a newer ecu in the pile to make it work right so there went the rest of the budget.

Eric Subliminal racing #711 e30
11 detroit dnf, 11 autobahn 4th, 12 detroit 2nd, 12 autobahn 1st
Rip #71 crx killed at autobahn 2010. 10 smt pt, 10 bull gp,10 rod b. smashed

15 (edited by Woodstock 2010-06-12 10:56 AM)

We are leaving our cars pretty much as raced from American Iony, new starter w/heat wrap on the car, new tires, repaired some burnt wires and reworked the exhaust on the van. We are working on DIY cool shirt systems and some touch up paint today. I spent most of the last 2 weeks preparing our Lemons grade tow van (yes its under the $ 500.00 limit also) It will have its own endurance race trying to beat the Snoopy van w/trailer to the track. BTW how many other Lemons are towed by the same make and model ? big_smile

It Ain't My Fault

16 (edited by n0m4d 2010-06-12 03:59 AM)

oneday wrote:

Adjusted for reality.

Yea, well some drunkin a-hole stripped out my flare tool at 11pm so most of our list has xfered to today.  By drunken a-hole i mean me.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

The car is almost ready to go.  However, we still have some work to do on our theme.  Who new that you couldn't dye 30 year old, dry clean only, polyester suit jackets in your washing machine?  I now have a very green washer and four sort of green torn up blazers.  I am just glad the Master's jackets were my wife's idea.  That fact should soften the blow when she sees her new washing machine.

Anti EPA Racing's Rusty Ass Cougar - Formerly Tiger's Wood PGA (Probably Gettin Ass) Racing - Harrisburg PA

You don't wanna know how much we've got left.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Got the kill switch, most of the cage, and seat mounted today.  Still have a few small things.  Extinguisher, tow hooks, tape the lights.  The most important thing, of course, is to ensure the HUD is properly aligned.

Flounder = Mike, original pilot for Team Police Brutality/Speedycop. 
Team Fubar = Started in 2010. Three brothers, one autistic nephew/son, another nephew and one 1998 Grand Prix GTP/Autism Awareness pace car/Bill Elliott tribute car/Ice Cream Truck.   
Our record= 6 blown/damaged engines and two trannies destroyed in eight races.  And they said a supercharged 3.8L was a bad idea.

That is indeed a key concern, Mike. I'm glad you're addressing it. big_smile

More info on the HUD please.

Team Seppuku
1979 Toyota Celica GT Liftback

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&s … d+prix+hud

My Buick has the same HUD unit and I've been spoiled by it over the last 10 years, but for the rest of my team this is something new to them. I figure it can only make the race easier for them since they won't have to looking down all the time to check their speed.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

PunisherBass wrote:

My Buick has the same HUD unit and I've been spoiled by it over the last 10 years

HUD? LOL. We pass or be passed. Our dash regularly does not work. If you are being passed press the peddle more if it isn't all the way. Our $500 car just is not that fast and ours is an automatic. But, a HUD to check speed? Really?

It's a fucking OEM option. It's not like they're buying shit out of the F1 catalog.