Topic: Pits at Summit Point

Good Day!

Does anybody have the info on how the pits are going to be run at Summit Point?  Is the pit area going to be the same as your paddock area?  Or, are we going to use the actual pit road?

Are there electrical hook-ups at the track?  The info just says TBA.

THanks!

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

Re: Pits at Summit Point

I wouldn't count on there being electrical hook-ups. 

It looks like your pit area is going to be the same as your paddock area.  Under the fuel rules, it looks like you can only refuel at your paddock or pumps.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I thought we would get a pit "stall" or share one for refueling, and have a "paddock" area for the RV and more involved repairs.

Its certainly not a safe situation to be driving cars through the paddock to refuel, very dangerour with drivers trying to get on and off the circuit. 

I'm sure we're allowed to fuel in the pits right?

Most of the time, stuff like this is told to us at the drivers meeting. 

Generally, paddock is not going to be a safe place for kids, pets, and spectators.  Besides cars coming off to refuel, they come off for driver changes, repairs, overheating, etc.  Only about half the cars that come off the track need fuel so there is a lot of traffic anyway.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The Shenandoah circuit has 3 parallel pit roads separated by jersey barriers. Depending on the track configuration, sometimes one of them is used for racing, but as you can imagine it's tight and dangerous at speed so I doubt that will be the case. If I had to guess I would say one of them will be a hot pit for fueling.