Re: Cage, and i am sorry to ask

They sell the end brackets at saferacer.  I use them - they are easy to get in and out of the car when you work on it.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

HEY GUYS, seat back to harness bar. how far can it be??

6" MAX - expect to get sweated if you have a sub-par seat for anything more than ~3".

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

have a support bar that attached to the harness bar and then bolts to the back of the seat but it is about 7 inches will that work or no?

At Houston in Feb our seat was about 5" away from the cross member on our main hoop and we barely got away with it.  We ended up moving the seat back a few inches to make everyone feel better.

I would not risk going to tech with a 7" gap.  You should be able to weld on an extension brace to close the gap, it doesn't have to be part of the primary cage structure as long as it's plenty sturdy.

Access denied.

http://www.aicybersystems.com/DADO/Lemons/

mikedeck wrote:

I would not risk going to tech with a 7" gap.  You should be able to weld on an extension brace to close the gap, it doesn't have to be part of the primary cage structure as long as it's plenty sturdy.

FYI - The Schumacher Taxi Service is bringing a bunch of these to the track.  I was teaching a guy to weld rollbar tubing and this seemed to be a good way.  (basically a couple of bars that make a "T" )

yea i have a brace on there and got the seat to 3 inches now. thanks. Just need some cage input

An upright or two between the drivers door bars would be perfect. 

Otherwise a nice looking design.

36 (edited by a502sl0 2010-06-16 12:49 PM)

does it need to have  the a upright bar on the drivers door to pass inspection?

a502sl0 wrote:

does it need to have  the a upright bar on the drivers door to pass inspection?

No rule as such...  But it takes all of about 5 minutes to cut and notch each and then someone to weld them, so why not.  It makes each door bar twice as strong.