Topic: Drivers Liscense

I lost my wallet yesterday and will be leaving for my Lemons race today. I will not have time to go to the DMV today because I will be busy at work and packing for the race.  I have already done a chumpcar race and i believe but cant remember, that I entered my DL number when registering. I would be devastated if after all the time and effort I put I am not able to race. Is there any work around? Thanks

Re: Drivers Liscense

DMV.  The last race I was at, my license was a few days away from expiring.  They were saying that they couldn't let me run without a valid license (if it had been expired) and that they had to turn people away before.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Do not chance it, at Thunderhill this year they would not check you in, or issue your credentials without the liscense in your hand.

Stu3

At ECR you couldn't drive without showing DL.

250 GTO

One of my buddies (on another team) had to run to the DMV on Friday afternoon @ ECR b/c his license was like 3 days past the expiration date, his new permanent one hadn't come in yet, and his dog (I shit you not) literally ate the temporary paper one. They said no go.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

alright well thanks i guess id better make time for the dmv

Fiesta54 wrote:

I have already done a chumpcar race

You know you're on the Lemons forum, right?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:
Fiesta54 wrote:

Wait! Are you implying that they aren't the same thing? smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I got mine done yesterday.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

that's why you should always have 2 copies of your license...

(don't do this, it is illegal, at least in NY)

i used to have 1 in pa and 1 in nj

don't ask me why

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Loren wrote:
Fiesta54 wrote:

haha yea i know...i was just hoping that would prove i had a liscense

Mulry wrote:
Loren wrote:
Fiesta54 wrote:

Wait! Are you implying that they aren't the same thing? smile

I'll let you know in a couple weeks... but I suspect there will be subtle differences.  Like, the lack of Phil & Johnny style judging, and apparently, the lack of race cars on the track.  <sigh>

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!