Topic: Universal seat slider recommendation

Anyone use adjustable seat sliders on the bottom of their seat?  If so where did you get them, and more importantly would you get them again? smile

Thanks!

Re: Universal seat slider recommendation

OE sliders + ghetto-adapter ftw.

Another popular choice for when vertical height makes that impossible is to go scavenge a junkyard set of sliders from a car with a lower profile. That's essentially all universal sliders are - replacement sliders for something like an RX7 or Miata.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

3 (edited by RichVS 2010-06-17 02:51 PM)

Mid 90's Isuzu pickups have  rails that are about 1.25" thick, nice simple mount tabs and about 9" of travel.  Volvo's are another popular option.  Don't forget you need to fab a support for the seat back as well.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I robbed a set of sliders out of one of my RX-7s. It is about 3/4" thick and was easily adaptable with a hammer, grinder, some small angle iron, and a welder.

5 (edited by Bill Strong 2010-06-17 05:36 PM)

Summit Racing has a nice set for cheap. I use them in my ChumpCar MK1 MR2. Oh, get the double locking ones for safety.

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

I use OMP sliders that I got from pegasusraceproducts.com. Work great, very adaptable, would use them again. Pretty sure that they are identical to the ones that Sparco sells, BTW.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

I use OMP sliders that I got from pegasusraceproducts.com. Work great, very adaptable, would use them again. Pretty sure that they are identical to the ones that Sparco sells, BTW.

+1
Just ordered it yesterday and it should make the seat install much easier than modifying a different set of sliders.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

Hello,

I bought an RCI adjustable bracket and seat through Summit.  I thought I would save time and hassle since the seat has all the appropriate holes for the harness.  I would definitely not do this again.  Parts intended to be used together should fit together and these definitely did not.  You also need to purchase additional hardware which should have been included.  The end result is pretty good but it was a huge hassle to get there.

~sam

Rusty Tear Racing "Rally" Fiero
2010 Stafford 2011 Summit, Stafford 2012 Loudon, Loudon Class C Win!
2013 Monticello, Loudon, Loudon 2014 NJMP, Loudon 2015 NJMP, Thompson

We're using left over Sparco sliders.. May need to make some modifications.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Thanks for the feedback!  I've been leaning towards the ones from Summit and for the <$20 difference it sounds like that the way I'll be going.

Due to our Mutt and Jeff situation, adjustable sliders are a must. I am partial to the ones used in Japanese SUVs, they tend to be double lockers and available for nearly nothing at junkyards.

Philosophy of life: old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth, enthusiasm and cash. General smartass know it all beer swilling ne'er do well. Avoid eye contact with this person, best avoided completely. 2008 Animal House Racing CMP 'Most Likely To Leave In An Ambulance' 2009 Blind Rodent Racing CMP 2010 Team Galileo CMP 2011 Roundhouse Kick Racing CMP 2012 Road Kill Grill Racing CMP (x2)

What we did was have a square made up with three tabs.  We then put a round tube on the seat and had tube put on the cage.  Wallaa, one seat for my 6'5 frame and my 5'3" teammate

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Lemonious Monk wrote:
Mulry wrote:

+1
Just ordered it yesterday and it should make the seat install much easier than modifying a different set of sliders.

+2 we have the Sparco ones.  Safety first.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

We use the Sparco from OG.  Low profile, smooth and strong.

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

I used some JAZ sliders that I got from a local swap meet.  Much more beeefy then any of the OEM sliders that I have used, and cheap!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

I ended up going with the ones from Summit.  They're (hopefully) going in the car tonight so I'll see how they work.  Here's to hoping it goes smoothly.