Topic: Thanks to everyone for a great race at summit

Thanks to everyone for a great first race (for us). 

We'll definitely be back... with head gaskets.....

I'm not sure who in the tech line said that our x19 would blow a head gasket...but they were right....

We had a great time until we lost coolant and cooked the engine Sunday morning. 

We can't wait to do this crazy event again

Mercedes got a well deserved win, that car was driven well and was quite quick for such a big car.

Re: Thanks to everyone for a great race at summit

+1 and not only did we blow head gaskets but we changed them and blew them again....car nearly caught fire on track although it was just steam from the cooling system boiling over. Unfortunately that didn't persuade track workers and EMS from unleashing two cannisters of dry chemical onto the engine.  I will spend today cleaning up and seeing what electronics are toast.  GREAT RACING and sorry we couldn't run the whole event.  We had a fast car but could not keep it cool.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

porkchops22 wrote:

+1 and not only did we blow head gaskets but we changed them and blew them again....car nearly caught fire on track although it was just steam from the cooling system boiling over. Unfortunately that didn't persuade track workers and EMS from unleashing two cannisters of dry chemical onto the engine.  I will spend today cleaning up and seeing what electronics are toast.  GREAT RACING and sorry we couldn't run the whole event.  We had a fast car but could not keep it cool.

That really sucks about the dry chemical...watch it when it gets wet, it likes to eat paint and everything else. 

its true that cars always run best right before they blow... we cleaned our carb and fixed some ignition issues saturday and the car worked absolutely fantastic...until we cooked it.

We changed the head gasket, hammered the intake valve guides back in, and started it up all within 1.5 hours...and promptly blew it again... I'll never forget the moment where we pulled the plugs and the whole team was gathered around the engine bay... A guy hit the starter to rotate the engine and the slug of water in cylinder 2 covered everyone in a huge deluge of water as it flew out of the spark plug hole and ricochetted off the firewall...I saw my life flash before my eyes for a second....

We sprayed a few team members and passer bys as well who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Hot steaming water/vapor is BAD.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"