Topic: more northeast races?

Any chance we can get another northeast race on the calender for next year?

Maybe Pocono, beaverun, NJ Motorsports Park?

Re: more northeast races?

NJ is crusty and smelly enough without a horde of crapcans spewing dinosaur filth into the air and expelling motor squeezings onto the ground.

A Lemons de Jersey would be fantastic down at NJMP.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

beaverun would be glorious!

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

We might make NJ cleaner... (I live in PA...gotta keep the rivalry going). smile

I forgot the Glen!!! Not that they'd let our jalopnick's soil their blue Armco...but just a thought. 

By all means don't take shenandoah off, that was a great course... I just thought that the series might be able to support a spring or fall event as well smile

bikesandcars wrote:

By all means don't take shenandoah off, that was a great course... I just thought that the series might be able to support a spring or fall event as well smile

I agree 100%

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Shenandoah was awesome.  It would be nice to have an event that isnt 6+ hours away.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

I'm all for another event. What about one in Quebec or Ontario? The northeast is sorely underserved! It was a 10+ hour drive from Vermont for Summit Point, definitely worth it, bit would be nice to go to a third or fourth race as well!

8 (edited by indysupra 2010-06-22 12:50 PM)

While we are talking about new events I would love to see putnam park on the schedule!

Eric Subliminal racing #711 e30
11 detroit dnf, 11 autobahn 4th, 12 detroit 2nd, 12 autobahn 1st
Rip #71 crx killed at autobahn 2010. 10 smt pt, 10 bull gp,10 rod b. smashed

Putnam is on the ChumpCar schedule.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Our team put a bug in Jay's ear about Loudon (NHMS). It has a bunch of things going for it:
1) Location: attracts drivers from the northeast and from eastern Canada.
2) Facility: good enough for NASCAR. A/C restaurant, bathrooms, control room, media center, and classrooms.
3) Flaggers: first class SCCA-trained professional flaggers. They know their stuff and pay attention.
4) Tow and EMS are first rate. Fast and efficient.
5) Tons of paddock space, including 4 garages, each holding 20+ cars.
6) Gas on premises and commercial gas right out side the gate.
7) Tons of eateries and lodging 15 minutes away in Concord, MA
8) Great road course. Relatively low speed without being an autocross. Good barriers. Some run-off in spots (better than Summit Pt, although that's not saying much).

Unfortunately dates are hard to come by, especially weekend dates. And IRL is going to run there next year, too.

I haven't been to NJMP, but it seems ideal. Monticello would be awesome if they would have a motley bunch like us. A chicane would probably be needed on the really long straight to keep speeds down.

The Glen is pretty darn fast for Lemons

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

EvergreenDan wrote:

Our team put a bug in Jay's ear about Loudon (NHMS).

I had the same thought. I hope that bug takes root. smile NHMS is my home track, too.

It has a bunch of things going for it:

Yes it does. All those things you mentioned would make it a great Lemons track, despite the fact that as road courses go, I personally would have to rate it fair-to-middling rather than great. My only concern would be that the bumps in T3 and T10 might break some of the cars. smile

Dave -- member emeritus, Vermont Bert One --

Jeff G 78 wrote:

I dont think I will run a chump car race. It sounds alittle shaky at best?

Eric Subliminal racing #711 e30
11 detroit dnf, 11 autobahn 4th, 12 detroit 2nd, 12 autobahn 1st
Rip #71 crx killed at autobahn 2010. 10 smt pt, 10 bull gp,10 rod b. smashed

Face it, Lemons cars break at any track bumps or no bumps. NHMS would be a great time. You'd get to run on the NASCAR straight, there is a banked bowl turn, elevation changes and chicanes.  Plus there is a place for camping with showers, etc.

Jay needs to come visit during one of the DEs run there.

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

indysupra wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

I dont think I will run a chump car race. It sounds alittle shaky at best?

While I haven't run a ChumpCar race yet, from everything I have read, they are run very well and most people would return.  There are quite a few race both Lemons and ChumpCar.  I haven't heard anybody bad mouth them after running an event.

'74 260Z

I would like to see as many east coast races as west coast races.  I personally think Lemons is opening up an opportunity for a competitor to serve an under served market.  You can easily be servicing Mass, NJ, VA, NC, Georgia, & FL.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

EvergreenDan wrote:

I haven't been to NJMP, but it seems ideal. Monticello would be awesome if they would have a motley bunch like us. A chicane would probably be needed on the really long straight to keep speeds down.

Monticello does have a paved chicane on the long straight that could be used.  Lightning at NJMP is FAST like Nelson Ledges.  Thunderbolt at NJMP is a little longer and slower  with a chicane that by-passes the fast T3.  Both are VERY expensive to rent.

Just add another Summit and be done with it.  big_smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

and will will bring two MR2s and 8 drivers!
Now a true 24 at Summit would be freaking awesome...

I just said that to rattle feathers... smile

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Or just bring Nelson Ledges back... sad

'74 260Z

I sent Jay an e-mail earlier today asking about more northeast Lemons for 2011.

His response:

Watkins and Lime Rock are non-starters, I'm afraid--both are too fast 
overall for Lemons, and Lime Rock has the no-Sunday-racing restriction 
to boot. But I'm thinking about checking out Loudon for next year, and 
we'd like to do Thunderbolt if we can get the dates there. Hope that 
helps--Best, J

On Jun 22, 2010, at 2:08 PM, macmatz@frontiernet.net wrote:

> Jay,
> What are the chances we could see a few more northeast events for 
> next season ? We would like to attend more Lemons events, but are 
> 6.5 hours from the closest locations (Summit Point & Stafford). Any 
> chance we could see something at Watkins Glen or Lime Rock ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Zollweg
> Team Captain - Baghdad Taxi

Matt Z
Baghdad Taxi
2010 - Capitol Offense 79th place CRX hybrid (burns both gas and oil)
2010 - Longest Day 24 hour at Nelson Ledges

Ive got some in's at NJMP and have been trying to hook the groups up to talk.  NJMP was under the impression it had to be a 24 hour and they had never done one so they were worried what the local populace may think.  But they are running an overnighter (or just did, I've lost track of time) and will judge based on that.  But we've got alot of folks there pulling for us and trying to make it work.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

i am in for New Jersey!!!

where is that?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Bill Strong wrote:

i am in for New Jersey!!!

where is that?

Millville NJ, da "deep souf" of NJ.  About 40 minutes from Casa de Misfits so if anyone runs into issues not addressable at the track I'll be happy to open my shop.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

DaveG wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

Our team put a bug in Jay's ear about Loudon (NHMS).

I had the same thought. I hope that bug takes root. smile NHMS is my home track, too.

It has a bunch of things going for it:

Yes it does. All those things you mentioned would make it a great Lemons track, despite the fact that as road courses go, I personally would have to rate it fair-to-middling rather than great. My only concern would be that the bumps in T3 and T10 might break some of the cars. smile

are you kidding? they run formula cars and "Motorcycles" on that track!

Liberty Bell Motorsports Park is under construction in Eastern PA.  Maybe they could book 2 weekends early.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!