Re: more northeast races?

How about Shannonville? Perfect for Lemons with multiple configurations, lots of run off room, dates available, access from a major highway system and great Canadian beer...plus you guys get a little bonus on the dollar exchange...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Liberty Bell Motorsports Park is under construction in Eastern PA.  Maybe they could book 2 weekends early.

Liberty Bell might still be years away from being open, but it would be a great track given the different potential configurations.  NJMP would be awesome, too, not to mention less than an hour from A.C.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Liberty Bell Motorsports Park is under construction in Eastern PA.  Maybe they could book 2 weekends early.

Liberty Bell might still be years away from being open, but it would be a great track given the different potential configurations.  NJMP would be awesome, too, not to mention less than an hour from A.C.

I'd LOOOVE to be at NJMP....

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I doubt the country club boys at Monticello would lovingly embrace the soiling of their lovely track with Lemons...but then again they do let motorcycles and other events happen....who knows, they might even need the money given the economy... probably worth a play.

I see no reason why an event at Monticello couldn't be run like Shenandoah, and that event was as professional as I've ever seen an SCCA race or xyz Track Day....not sure about flaggers and facilities for RV's though.

Make it Lightning at NJMP, so we can have another high banked turn.  The octopus in Thurderbolt could be murderous. Not to mention dusty with all the off-roading.

Anti EPA Racing - Team member

There is a race at beaver run on sept 11th NOT A Lemons SANCTIONED EVENT!

That is all.

Delete if this is unaccpetable.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

There is a race at beaver run on sept 11th NOT A Lemons SANCTIONED EVENT!

Got any more info, maybe a linky?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

The only thing on the site for Sept 11 is for there Oktoberfest stuff.  Nothing about a race.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

I think that many people would not want the hassle of customs to bring cars, etc to Canada. It is a big enough issue for our club DE at Tremblant.

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

35 (edited by sbarton 2010-06-23 11:26 AM)

NJMP would be great.  Both are suitable tracks for Lemons and they have the facilites to handle all of us.  They even have hotel rooms overlooking the track with garages below!  The cheese fries at the concession stands rock!  Lets hope Jay can get us a date there.  smile

While Monticello could be split up into either the North or South tracks that would be OK for Lemons, I HIGHLY doubt they would ever let Lemons run there.  It is probably a moot point anyway since they do not have the paddock room for all of us, nor does the surrounding area have enough hotels or resteraunts to support Lemons.  sad

-Scott

Scott Barton

+1 for more events in the great notheast. Our Golf actually survived Summit and we missed registration for New England, so we have nowhere to beat the car within a reasonable distance...

Shallow Pockets Racing, aka the newbies in the BP-themed Golf
-Summit Point 2010, 29/86, 0 mechanical problems - "Are you sure it's a VW?"

docrice wrote:

+1 for more events in the great notheast. Our Golf actually survived Summit and we missed registration for New England, so we have nowhere to beat the car within a reasonable distance...

Did you ask if youz could come?

docrice wrote:

Send in an app, call, see what happens...  you may get in!

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Absolutely. We could have fit at least 20 more cars at Stafford last year! We were only bumper-to-bumper for half the course!

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

I'd totally go through all these shenanigans (stupid weather included) again for a patch that says "24 Hours of Nurburgdang" - even if we have to make the thing 23 hours long to let Jesus have exclusive use of the racetrack or whatever that was about.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

we  had the  deathmobile on  thunderbolt for  road mod testing and it was   a great track for Lemons  . the tight corkscrew  was  no  tougher than  anything  at summit   . we  talk  to some  njmp   people  and  they semed to like the  idea  of Lemons. plus like  jim said  less than 1 hr  from  my  yard ..   also   i can  bring my  excavator  for  the  peoples  curse   a  sept  or  nov  race  would  be best  please  let   this  hapen  !!!!

I will run every Lemons race that can be held at NJMP.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

The race at beaverun is about to be announced.  It is only a six hour race during Oktoberfest.  The entry will be cheap.  (like $400 for the whole team)

Email me @ wvumtnbkr@hotmail.com if anybody is interested.

I have no official connection to the race other than our car is the "covergirl".

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

44 (edited by FJ40Jim 2010-06-24 06:55 AM)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

The race at beaverun is about to be announced.  It is only a six hour race during Oktoberfest.  The entry will be cheap.  (like $400 for the whole team)

I have no official connection to the race other than our car is the "covergirl".

It's been announced.  Rules are snipped from the Lemons page, which makes it easy for us.
http://www.festivalofspeedatbeaverun.com/

Jim C.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Jeez they could have at least made some changes to those rules.

Hope they got permission to use those.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

SSshh.  It's better if we can use the same rulebook. wink

Jim C.

Too close to home to not try to get in.  Now we just have to fix our engine. LOL.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

6 hours each way for a 6 hour race? I dunno...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

A six hour race would never work for you guys.  You'd have to bring a completed (i.e. boring) car to the track or you'd miss the whole thing.  big_smile big_smile big_smile  You guys take on some SERIOUS projects.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Speedycop wrote:

Geez, Speedy, what the difference between bringing a not quite ready car for a 14 hour race vs. bringing a not quite ready car for a 6 hour race?  tongue  *meant as a joke*

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)