Topic: Autobahn Format?

Does anyone know which track we'll be running on at Autobahn?  Looking forward to it!

2 (edited by BoB 2010-06-24 12:38 PM)

Re: Autobahn Format?

That track website says north

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Which is going to be brutal.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

BoB wrote:

That track website says north

The track map that opens up from the 24 Hours of Lemons event page goes to a full-track map.

But the calendar on the Autobahn website shows it on the North course and a members-day on the South course both days.

At only a mile and a half for the North course, that will be pretty tight if there are more than about 50-60 cars. Should make for some fun wheel-to-wheel action, and inevitably, many flags of black. With a 40-foot wide track, we're going to see a lot of crazy 3- and 4-wide action I'd bet. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if we can pair it with some unseasonably not-cold-and-rainy weather. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

October in Chicago is normally pretty wet, probably won't be too cold, but you should probably make sure your windshield wipers work.

Facebook Page

That's disappointing.  I've driven 100's of laps on that track, mainly whole track, but some just north track.  The north track is quite simple, and somewhat boring.  The whole track would've been much more interesting.

Also, if they are having a members event on the south side, the paddock is going to be very congested.

We hope to be there if we survive MAM... and ever get our roll cage to spec.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I'm guessing its north because its a first race.  Full course I think would be a lot longer than they like to run.  Maybe if there is a good turnout they could for south next time or maybe good enough see if they could even move it from north to south.

Facebook Page