Topic: Meyer's Manx?

Anyone ever run a Manx before?  They do fall under the road legal category.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Meyer's Manx?

i was planning on running a dunebuggy (close enough). technically i'd call it legal because it started it's life as a type 1 VW beetle. which meets all the road legal requirements. bonus points if it has the original VW VIN# to prove it was once a legit road car.
alas, my hopes got dashed because my family already has too many cars that don't run, plus my friend saw it, fell in love, and i didn't have the heart to tell her no. so i'm building it up as a road car for her (once she gets all the parts she needs to put it together)
still planning on similar though. but start with the G20 van in the property collecting rust. just has to have been a highway legal mass produced vehicle, idt the rules say anything about what it is or isn't allowed to become. wink
it's not like what normally takes the track is particularly recognizable anymore anyways O:-)

Been debated here many times, I dont know that there has been a definitive answer on it from Jay or Nick.

I hope you are talking about a knock of and not a real Manx, if you can get a real Manx for less than $500 sell it for triple that and buy a cheap knock off.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Jay has said it's ok ... but I'd imagine that the safety inspection is going to be tougher.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=3353

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

unless it's a total loss, it would be a shame to ruin one in a crapcan race.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!